Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 – 84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Advocate serves is responsible for adjudicating alleged violations of the Student Conduct Code. The Advocate assists the Director with policy development, implementation, and evaluation of the College’s Advocacy Office.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College • Skills in technological support and delivery of student programs and services; knowledge and skill in the use of integrated software systems; and proficiency in the use of Microsoft application software
• Experience Investigating, processing, and adjudicating student conduct and academic integrity violations. • Ability to maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employees
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations regarding student discipline • Responds appropriately to issues in a dynamic, rapidly changing educational/economic environment
• Experience working with student support programs (counseling, threat assessment, health & wellness programs, etc.) • Highly collaborative leader with experience in a comparably diverse and complex college/university with a proven track record of enhancing quality, excellence, institutional diversity, equity and inclusion, and student success
• Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural, and socially and economically diverse student populations • Excellent time management, and organizational and problem-solving skills
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field. Official transcripts required.
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible leadership
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required.
• Experience working with diverse student and staff populations.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. **
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Advocate is responsible for the investigating and resolving alleged violations of the Student Conduct Code.
• Student Advocacy programming, including strategically planning, directing, and implementing co-curricular student initiatives and programming, methods of assessment, criteria of success, collection of data, and use of data for continuous improvement.
• Assist with establishing a system for developing KPI’s outcomes and assessments and collecting assessment data for ongoing improvements.
• Represents the College on campus, in the community, and nationally in matters related to the student advocacy at Dallas College.
• Assist with the development of student advocacy policies and processes. Such policies and modifications are to ensure continuous improvement, use of best practices, and with an equity mindset.
• Conducts regular assessment.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other job duties as required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com