Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 - $104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$31.25 per hour
Responsible for executive level administrative support performing a number of administrative duties. Position requires a highly self-motivated, professional individual capable of managing an office and prioritizing work load and tasks in a fast-paced work environment with a focus on continuous improvement, customer service and diversity inclusion.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• The ability to apply significant administrative knowledge and experience to support and represent a senior administrator thoroughly in the scope, diversity, and complexity of all program and organizational operations.
• Demonstrates significant knowledge of the strategic goals, priorities, practices, policies, laws, rules, and regulations that influence the goals and mission of an organization.
• Must have strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
• Must be flexible to meet changing priorities and due dates.
• Must be ethical and use integrity in decision-making process when gathering and analyzing information to make recommendations or facilitate a course of action.
• Must be able to uphold a strict level of diplomacy and discretion/confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and data.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships in a diverse, multicultural environment of stakeholders and constituents, internal/external to the organization using high level of tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
• Must be able to always maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude.
• Must be able to provide support and assistance to executive that ensure effective use of time and productive interactions with staff and the public by handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks involving the clerical, administrative function, research, and management roles.
• Ability to generate reports, create presentations, access data, keep complex records, and reports.
• Must be proficient in writing and handling business correspondence using Microsoft Office Suite, producing well thought-out professional presentations and correspondence, free of grammatical and spelling errors.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Occasionally may be required to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher plus three (3) years of highly responsible administrative work-related experience, or
• Five (5) years of highly responsible administrative work-related experience.
• Official transcripts are required.
• Special licenses or certifications may be required depending on the nature of the position.
• Must have a current and valid Texas driver’s license if traveling to off-site locations.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for schedule management, office management, communication liaison, information preparation, records management, data analysis, and representing the executive to others.
• Full comprehension of organization’s operation and procedures.
• Provides all administrative, technical, and clerical support to executive/senior manager to optimize productivity.
• Coordinate’s executive communication, including taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with constituents and stakeholders; schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
• Serve as liaison between staff and manager.
• May support other members within the organization as required.
• Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
• Acts as project lead for special projects, at the request of leadership, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures, etc.
• Establish and maintains efficient filing systems for departmental and confidential materials.
• Attend/represents organization at meeting and on councils, internal and external to the Dallas College community network, with poise and tact.
• Monitor’s budget and manages related expenditures, prepare, and submit bills, invoices, receipts, and expense reports.
• Collaborates with management team and other individuals within the district to ensure compliance with departmental processes/procedures within area of responsibility.
• Participates in professional development activities to keep up-to-date trends and technology associated with job function.
• Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
• High level of reliability, diligence, professionalism, and discretion.
• Uses critical thinking and problem-solving skills to judge situations, considering business, personnel, financial, legal and time implications and take appropriate action.
• Conserve supervisor’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting, and analyzing information and initiating communication orally and/or in writing.
• Maintains office supplies inventory.
• Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, with all stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
• May supervise assigned personnel.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This position reports to and supports individuals on the administrative salary schedule in un-banded positions only.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com