Director of IT Support Automation
Job ID: 234538
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Information Technology - Support Automation
Serve as a key member of the IT Executive Leadership team responsible for developing strategic direction to ensure that all technology services are being delivered at levels necessary to support business outcomes. Partner with all service managers and IT Directors to develop a technical strategy that uses automation to streamline support-related workflows in the area of device management, user accounts, line-of-business applications and cloud/on-prem applications systems.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Direct continuous improvement activities to ensure maturity levels continue to be achieved
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop, implement, monitor and improve customer-facing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) to ensure alignment to business outcomes
- Understand business priorities, rationalize demand and communicate priorities to ensure technology staff is working on highest value activities
- Help translate incoming demand to required supply
- Escalate point for Technology and Applications team capacity and needs
- Manage business partner expectations around endpoints and specific line of business applications
- Align and map IT policies to service architectures
- Routinely engage with external resources, peers, and partners to bring innovative, external best practice ideas to all areas of the IT Support Automation team
- Mentor team members and plan/implement staff development for IT Support Automation
- Drive and contribute to vision, strategy, planning and rollout of IT Services capability
- Report on services performance through Service Level Agreements (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics
- Lead operational and strategic planning
- Implement, improve and manage multiple IT processes for IT Support Automation department, comprised of following units: all field support technicians, audio visual, point of sale, accounts and cloud/on-prem applications
- Analyze business systems to identify inefficiencies and problems and recommend solutions
- Foster innovation
- Organize and negotiate resource allocation for servicer and service management
- Organize and lead a highly motivated technical team for scale and growth
- Work closely with other teams to understand current and future requirements; suggest solutions and alternatives - Transform business processes in support automation department through technology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or a related field
- Five (5) or more years of related work experience in IT
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or a related field
- Ten (10) or more years of related work experience in IT setting
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a fast paced tech environment
- Experience in vendor relationship, resource and project management, and financial and budget planning experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Customer relationship management in a higher education environment
$92,950 - $106,800
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and e-mail with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Passionate, honest, positive, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Ability to create/develop and implement programs, plans/goals, policy and procedure
- Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to accept ownership and act with a sense of urgency
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support the University's mission for student success
- Familiarity with privacy and protection of sensitive data (i.e., FERPA, HIPAA)
- Basic understanding of and familiarity with information technology and related trends and experience managing technology-related projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of Divisional application servers and information systems
- Knowledgeable about various hardware and software and integrated systems
- Remain current on technology changes to respond quickly to customer issues
- Extensive understanding on how to resolve client/server computing issue
- Knowledge and experience in mitigating IT enterprise security risks
- Knowledge of the role of technology in administration in a higher education setting
- Basic understanding of and familiarity with information technology and related trends
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Excellent project management skills, ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Manage competing demands and adapt to frequent changes
- Articulate strategy and ideas to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Negotiate and work with vendors and consultants
- Learn and adapt to new technologies and interpret to provide solutions for customer needs or issues
- Proven experience in IT operations
- Excellent team skills
- Creative in problem-solving
- Facilitate problem solving and develop strategy effectively, strong leadership and strategic planning skills
- Strong commitment to privacy and protection of sensitive data
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining effective relationships with superiors, peers, subordinates and members of the University community; and proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers
Apply Before Date
October 15, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work performed in general office setting
- Work extends beyond normal 40-hour work week
- Required to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously under pressure of deadlines and working in a fast-paced information technology environment
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=234538&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this and other job openings at Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com