D’Youville offers competitive benefit packages for employees including a four-day work week.
General Statement of Duties
This administrative position will manage and supervise all operations of the office of the Dean of the School of Health Professions (SHP). In addition to providing direct administrative support to the Dean, the incumbent will network with other college's schools and departments across the College in addressing administrative issues to ensure the efficient management of the office and business processes necessary to maintain the SHP.
Distinguishing Features of the Position
- Maintain SHP calendars and schedules
- Schedule appointments for the Office of the Dean
- Create routine reports and presentations
- Serve as Appeals Officer for SHP
- Provide administrative support and assist in purchase requests, budget submissions, etc. for multiple departments in SHP
- Maintain databases for tracking all courses offered by the SHP, faculty workloads/teaching assignments
- Responsible for confidential information of the SHP that pertains to faculty annual reviews and personnel files
- Coordinate with SHP departments and HR with respect to recruitment process for faculty and staff within the school
- Provide secretarial/administrative support for SHP department leadership meetings
- Organize and manage programs, projects and special events of the SHP
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned by the Dean
Example of Duties (illustrative)
General Administrative Support
- Serve as first contact for the Dean
- Maintain Dean's calendar and schedule appointments, and daily operational functions
- Internal/external correspondence on behalf of the Dean
- Maintain all official SHP Correspondence
- Coordinate student/faculty issues and complaints
- Prepare analytical reports for internal and external audiences
- Support school wide data gathering to meet internal/external needs
- Support Dean and Chairs with the development of analytical reports, compliance documents, and self-study documents for regional and specialized accrediting agencies - including Middle States, ARC-PA, ACOTE, CAPTE, ACEND, CCE and others.
- Provide support for institutional-assessment and student learning assessment efforts - including data collection, analysis, and report generation
- Maintain accreditation records
- Assist Dean and Chairs in annual budget process
- Prepare budget reports and forecasts
- Develop monthly budget reports for Dean
- Monitor budgetary expenditures - and assist in long-range budget planning
- Assist in identifying shared resources opportunities across the SHP
- Prepare purchase orders, check requests, and budget transfer forms
Special Projects (as assigned)
- Serve in administrative capacity in college wide efforts (ie: task forces, search committees)
- Manage SHP Student Dean’s Council
- Special projects related to enrollment, assessment, presentations, focused innovative initiatives, appeals
- Research as needed as designated by Dean
- Serve as supervisor to graduate assistants
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with accreditation, assessment, and compliance programs
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from faculty, students, staff, and the public
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
- Perform office work directly related to the management of general business operations that includes independent judgment on matters of significance
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized, flexible, and able to work independently
- Excellent skills with MS Office (Access, Excel, and Word), Web applications, databases, and analytical programs
- Commitment to the missions of D'Youville College and the SHP
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Master's preferred
- Experience college/university educational programs and administration
- Supervisory experience preferred
Submit a resume, cover letter, and the contact information (including names and titles) for 3 professional references.
About the Institution
D’Youville is a highly regarded private college and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyc.edu/.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com