Otis College of Art and Design
Student Employment & Department Coordinator
Open Until Filled
Los Angeles, CA (Westchester)
The Student Employment & Department Coordinator assists in the coordination and administration of student on-campus employment and the general administrative functions of the Career Services Office. This position involves heavy data entry and interaction with students, staff, and faculty. This position reports directly to the Director of Career Services.
● Compiles data for special projects, studies, or reports as needed. Tracks departmental statistics (i.e., placement activity statistics, total student work hours) and prepares reports. Queries a centralized database (Banner) for generating reports.
● Annually reconciles Student Employment totals in conjunction with Business Office fiscal records (June).
● Maintains currency and compliance with all College policies and procedures and applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations, and policies related to student employment.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience/education as substitute for minimum education requirement. Preference for degreed education in Human Resources Management or a related field.
● Prior experience in Human Resources within a college environment is highly desired.
● Must have knowledge of federal and state regulations related to employment.
● Must be comfortable with data entry and data management.
● Must be fluent in Banner, comfortable creating reports and using Banner screens to manage payroll, financial, and student information systems.
● Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable training students.
● Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet strict deadlines.
● Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Must be highly customer service oriented and be able to promote a friendly and helpful environment. Must be able to build immediate rapport with students, faculty, and staff.
● Must be able to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
● Strong computer skills required; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint required. Experience with HR Banner Module is a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply via our website at https://otis.simplehire.com/postings/1743 to be considered for the position.
Otis College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic which may be specified by law or college policy.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com