Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Library and Learning Services, the Online Campus Librarian will be responsible for the planning, creation, provision, and assessment of library services for students and faculty in Adler University's Online Campus programs. The position ensures that Online Campus students can locate and effectively use Library services and materials and have the research and information literacy skills to succeed academically and professionally. Remote working opportunity.
The Online Campus Librarian leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the Adler University Library and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Master's degree in Library Science, Information Systems, Library Information Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program
- Minimum two (2) years reference and instruction experience in an academic library, with one year serving students in an online campus
- Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy principles and instruction models and techniques
- Ability to effectively use instructional technologies and collaboration tools to guide online student discovery and use of library materials and resources, and provide information literacy instruction in both synchronous and asynchronous environments
- Demonstrated skill in the creation of online instruction materials
- Knowledge of usability and accessibility standards for the creation of online teaching materials
- Demonstrated ability to create new programs and outreach strategies, and an entrepreneurial approach to developing and offering new services
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, complete, and manage projects on a timeline and balance multiple priorities
- Knowledge of academic copyright standards and their application in the online environment
- Strong service orientation and skills
- Ability to work independently and to identify and proactively address issues and concerns
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, listening, and presentation skills
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, promotes, and provides library services for students and faculty in Online Campus programs to support their academic progress and professional goals
- Collaborates with Online Campus instructional designers, subject matter experts, and program directors to advocate for the library and information literacy needs of students and faculty in the Online Campus and for the inclusion of library services and resources in online courses and in the LMS
- Addresses students' information literacy needs, including the creation of instructional materials, integration with classes, and provision of stand-alone library instruction opportunities, in both synchronous and asynchronous modes
- Develops and maintains a program of consistent outreach to Online Campus students and faculty, including elements of training and orientations
- Develops and maintains an online presence for library services and materials for the Online Campus
- Collaborates and consults with Online Campus administration to ensure equal access to library services and materials for online students and investigate and propose equitable online alternatives for traditional on-campus services
- Prepares internal and external statistics, reports, and documentation for Online Campus accreditation and program approvals
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships.
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative actionto ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com