Under the general guidance of the Director, Enterprise Applications the Applications Support supports Adler University faculty, staff, and student information management needs and workflows across the University through project coordination, applications testing, implementation, upgrades, and ongoing maintenance or enhancements. Manages small and medium-sized projects as well as oversees the initial triage and allocation of issues associated with the organizational area's applications and services, working closely with the IT team where issues span multiple systems. Performs root cause analysis and testing, coordinates with users, developers, vendors, teammates, and project managers to resolve issues and follows up with users to ensure problem resolution, and develops supporting documentation of all activities. The Applications Support Analyst leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the IT department and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information systems, or related discipline required.
- Minimum three (3) years experience installing/supporting applications and systems analysis/design and integration/design required. Academic institution experience preferred.
- One of the following certifications (or higher) preferred: HDI, MCSE, CCNA, MCP, A+, ITIL
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce, Ellucian Colleague ERP, or other CRMs and ERPs used in education.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using standard office productivity applications and tools such as Microsoft Office 365, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Demonstrated mastery using the Windows 10 operating system.
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive community.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and a strong technical understanding of enterprise applications, integration design, database systems, data warehousing, software development, reporting and business intelligence, and business processes.
- Hands-on experience supporting Ellucian Colleague, Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, or other ERP/Student Information Systems.
- Outstanding deductive and investigative skills to identify and diagnose complex, non-intuitive technical problems.
- An effective communicator including written, oral, and listening with the ability to educate at all levels of the organization to ensure alignment on strategy and priorities.
- Ability to manage change effectively. Always mindful of people, process, and technology implications.
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally with a high level of tenacity to solve problems.
- Sound understanding of application compliance requirements in healthcare or higher education setting such as FERPA and HIPAA.
- Strong project management background and ability to set scope and delivery expectations with internal customers and technical teams.
- Strong collaboration acumen and relationship-building abilities.
- Sound understanding of IT Service Management and a clear commitment to ITSM frameworks like ITIL.
- Experience with the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, SQL, REST, Python, Ruby, C# or other programming and scripting languages.
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence, empathy, and professional maturity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides application implementation and post-implementation support, technical guidance, and serves as primary resolution point for all issues regarding assigned applications.
- Works collaboratively with end-users to understand workflows and develop system support, including analysis of business needs and user needs, translation into proper system requirement specifications, and documentation of requirements
- Manages small to medium-sized assigned projects or particular phases of larger projects, with minimal supervision. Develops and creates detailed work plans, timelines, and other appropriate documentation, identifies appropriate resources needed, and provides timely status reports
- Provides data transfer, access, and manipulation of aggregate and comparative data
- Implement and test application enhancements to the systems
- Defines, executes, and documents vendor release testing, upgrades, and enhancements
- Participates in the completion of user documentation and training procedures.
- Evaluates system utilization and performance. Participates in system optimization.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with a customer service focus of innovation, service excellence, and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our students, faculty, staff, and partners
- Supports the development and maintains documentation for procedures and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates and delivers end-user training workshops as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned or needed.
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting to 25 pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com