This position serves as a key expansion to D’Youville’s growing corporate and foundation grants fundraising efforts and supports its evolving role in developing a proactive and positive grant seeking culture at the institution. To research corporate, private foundation and public-sector grant opportunities that are consistent with D’Youville’s institutional priorities and communicate those opportunities to appropriate individuals in the college community; additionally, to assist with, and in some cases, to oversee the preparation of proposal development. The Director works closely with the President’s Council, Academic Deans, faculty, and staff to pair funding opportunities with new and existing institutional initiatives and strategic objectives. Serves as an internal consultant to college faculty, administrators and executives on foundation and corporate grant development. Works to create and foster a grant-seeking culture by organizing internal and promoting participation in external professional development opportunities, including grant workshops and meetings with agency representatives. Serves as an institutional contact and collaborator with external corporate and foundation grants consultants
1. Research and disseminate grant opportunity information using the internet, printed publications and professional affiliation; work with college community to develop grant funding opportunities.
2. Assist faculty and administrators with developing, preparing, writing and submitting corporate, foundation, foundation, government and educational grant proposals.
3. Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and fundraising plan for foundations, corporations and government agencies.
4. Actively promote grantsmanship and solicit participation of college community in the grant process.
5. Work with the President and Executive Council to establish institutional priorities and annual goals.
6. Manage grants, prepare reports and work with project managers to monitor funded projects and assure grant compliance.
7. Monitor project budgets and manage a comprehensive database of funding agencies.
8. Monitor post award activities, including; but not limited to, preparing annual progress reports when required by funding agency.
9. Ensure all proposals requiring the President’s signature have been approved internally by appropriate staff using current grant application forms and submit to President’s Office at least 48 hours before deadline.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required plus two (3-5) years progressive experience in higher
education fundraising preferred.
2. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
3. Ability to work with diverse constituencies in a professional manner.
4. Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft office.
5. Self-starter with an ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com