Come join an innovative team! Located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY, D’Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students. D’Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success.
Over the last three-years D’Youville has launched 15 new online degrees and continues our strategic plan to rapidly expand our portfolio of online programs. This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to contribute to a growing team. The right individual will be able to contribute to a best-in-class experience for our faculty and students.
The Instructional Technologist provides support services to students, faculty, and staff in the use of all types of instructional technology that relate to the academic mission of the college. Additionally, they serve as the first point of contact for those who need assistance with Canvas, our Learning Management System.
- Serve as the primary Canvas Administrator for support and questions
- Help staff identify and implement technology tools and technology trends needed for use in online course instruction
- Ability to plan, develop, and evaluate engaging multimedia learning/training tools
- Maintains awareness of best practices, emerging technologies, and new opportunities in educational technology that may be adopted as new and emerging instructional media, technologies, pedagogies, and practices.
- Oversees learning content management, distribution, and reporting in the system, including creating testing and training materials for new/updated system releases and facilitating training
- Ensure adequate technology infrastructure to meet goals of technology-enhanced curricula.
- Administers specialized software packages as may be required by faculty and overall instructional initiatives.
- Coordinate and assist internal technology teams when implementing and updating integrations
- Maintains awareness of system issues, enhancements, best practices and general development with the system, including support of periodic updates and system/process enhancements
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties, as assigned
Knowledge and Abilities- Required competencies, proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated human relation skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience in an IT support environment
- Ability to use a personal computer and Internet experience essential. Capable to work remote web media for remote communications and presentations
- Strong multi-tasking skills competencies required
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Instructional Design or related field
- Three years of service-related experience in a college setting, knowledge of administration of course management software such as Canvas or Blackboard
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high volume/high interaction environment
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com