Under the general direction of the Manager, Service Desk, the Senior Technical Support Specialist supporting Adler University faculty, staff, and student technology requests as well as providing Audio/Visual equipment usage and content production assistance to faculty, staff, and students. This position will work closely with other members of the Technology department to monitor and troubleshoot complex technical problems and provides leadership as a technical resource to users and the team. The Senior Technical Support Specialist leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the IT department and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information systems, or related discipline required (or the ability to acquire a Bachelor's degree in the aforementioned disciplines within two (2) years of hire).
- Minimum three (3) years experience in enterprise networked systems support required.
- One of the following certifications (or higher) preferred: HDI, MCSE, CCNA, MCP, A+, ITIL Foundations
- Demonstrated mastery using and supporting the Windows 10 operating system
- Demonstrated experience in support and troubleshooting of standard office productivity applications and tools (Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in workstation hardware troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with network security and recovery tools and systems (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Windows system recovery tools, operating system imaging tools, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with AV/production systems use
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive community
- Exercises an advanced level of troubleshooting skills in response to complex problems, questions, and inquiries that have been escalated by Service Desk and junior staff
- Outstanding deductive and investigative skills to identify and diagnose complex, non-intuitive technical problems
- An effective communicator including written, oral, and listening with the ability to educate at all levels of the organization to ensure alignment on strategy and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally with a high level of tenacity to solve problems
- Strong collaboration acumen and relationship building abilities
- Sound understanding of IT Service Management and a clear commitment to ITSM frameworks like ITIL
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence, empathy, and professional maturity
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates projects collaboratively with internal/external clients utilizing the IT unit's systems to meet specific client goals.
- Responsible for problem management and ticket quality assurance.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Assists the Systems Administrator with network administration, security, maintenance, and support.
- Provides technical support for all students, faculty, and staff using Office 365, computers, mobile devices, Ellucian Colleague ERP, Canvas LMS, A/V, and various proprietary applications desk-side and via phone or email.
- Performs regular configuration administration, operating system/application installation and updates, threat scanning analysis to ensure optimum computer workstation performance and integration with classroom AV equipment.
- Manage networked and standalone printer maintenance/cleaning schedules, jams/problem resolution, as well as consumables inventory, recycling, and re-supply
- Work with an asset tracking system to ensure accurate and updated inventory information on all workstations, printers, equipment, etc.
- Ensures timely completion of Service Desk incident tickets, service requests, and maintenance of ticketing queue in alignment with team service level agreement objectives.
- Assist faculty, staff, students with AV support needs, recording/production assistance of classroom activities and other events, training, and usage of videoconferencing systems and conference rooms.
- Supports VoIP telephone system end-user issues such as moving extensions and voicemail configuration.
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless network connectivity issues university-wide.
- Helps to develop and maintain documentation for procedures and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates and delivers end-user training workshops as needed.
- Assists with hardware deployment and management for faculty, staff, and students.
- Other duties and projects as assigned or needed.
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting to 25 pounds, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com