Job Summary: The CSTEP Director will be responsible for the administration, oversight and coordination of the D'Youville's Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP). CSTEP is a partnership between New York State and the D'Youville, which provides a broad range of services to students with the purpose of increasing access by minority or disadvantaged students to academic programs that prepare students either for licensure in the professions or for employment in scientific and technical fields. Our grant will work with 150 students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all functions and activities of CSTEP, including policy and program development and overseeing supportive services provided to students.
- Serve as the main point of contact with New York State Education Department (NYSED) and ensure the program remains compliant with NYSED guidelines. Maintain records and support data used for state and institutional programmatic reports.
- Develop, oversee and manage program budget.
- Perform regular assessment of program outcomes, student satisfaction and retention. Implement changes and improvements as necessary.
- Work with Academic Departments and Admissions to organize the recruitment process and participate in recruitment events.
- Provide counseling to students on academic, financial, social and other matters while maintaining knowledge and sensitivity towards the academic, economic, social, cultural and other needs of CSTEP students. Be the point of contact and liaison with faculty and department chairs to ensure students are receiving necessary support.
- Working with the College's Office of Student Success, ensure that advising and tutoring for CSTEP students is in place and accessible.
- Working with the College's Career Center, ensure professional development and internship availability for CSTEP students
- Organize CSTEP student events and celebrations.
- Oversee the CSTEP coordinator
- Perform all other related duties as necessary; perform all other duties as directed.
- Master's degree at the time of appointment
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success
- Two years of experience in program administration in the areas of academic support services, counseling, opportunity programs, or a related field.
- Experience in fiscal management and budgetary oversight; experience with grant-funded programs is a plus.
- Experience working with students from historically underrepresented or economically disadvantaged groups.
- The ability to participate in specific weekend and evening events during the academic year is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Special Circumstances: This position will at all times be contingent upon third-party grant funding. Any lack of such funding may lead to a reduction in work hours or the elimination of this position.
About D'Youville: D'Youville is a highly regarded private, coeducational institution on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo, NY, adjacent to a growing downtown and year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. Under the leadership of President Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, D'Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. Honoring its Catholic heritage and longstanding commitment to service, D'Youville welcomes students from every culture, faith, and background. Coeducational since 1971, the university strives to expand opportunity to diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com