Governors State University is seeking to hire a Shuttle Bus Driver to operate buses to accommodate students, faculty, and staff. This person will work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
1. Operate buses for students, faculty, and staff;
2. Report need for routine maintenance and/or emergency maintenance and repair when such difficulties occur;
3. Keep records of mileage and the consumption of fuel, oil, and antifreeze as directed;
4. Maintain awareness of loading zones, campus road networks, and traffic problems;
5. Supervise students, other persons who may be allowed to ride the buses;
6. Exercise caution concerning the travel of persons with disabilities and reports any irregularities in the operation of the bus or campus facilities (such as inaccessible entrances) affecting the travel of riders;
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
***AVAILABLE SHIFT: 3:00 - 11:00 P.M.***
Salary Range: $13.26 to $15.67 per hour.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
When inquiring or applying for positions at Governors State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com