Accreditation Coordinator, School of Health Sciences
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
Dallas College is seeking an experienced, highly collaborative leader who is excited to take on a new and innovative role. The Accreditation Coordinator of the School of Health Sciences reports to the Dean of Academic Affairs, Health Occupations, and will:
• Provide oversight and develop a comprehensive process for assessing, verifying, and articulating outcomes and deliverables that align with requirements of the programmatic accreditation agencies which include state licensing boards and discipline specific accreditations.
• Oversee data management and collection required to measure program outcomes and deliverables of initiatives.
• Maintain responsibility for establishing, implementing, and enforcing Dallas College compliance policies, procedures and guidelines designed to meet or exceed the requirements of the various state and federal laws governing academic programs including compliance with THECB regulations.
• Work collaboratively with Dallas College program faculty and staff where compliance obligations overlap and work in conjunction with Academic Services, the Dean of Academic Compliance, the office of Curriculum, Assessment, and Portfolio Management and the seven schools of Dallas College to provide critical support and discipline specific updates.
• Attend meetings, webinars and conferences with academic program faculty and staff to develop an understanding of the specific program processes involved in accreditation and compliance.
• Provides support for the annual Perkins application process; ensures the execution of Perkins-related purchases and activities in alignment with Dallas College, State, and Federal guidelines.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
• Experience managing change initiatives including program review, assessment, improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, and data-based decision-making concepts.
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition.
• Strong writing skills and ability to communicate clearly in writing
• Demonstrated successful experience in accreditation and compliance monitoring of health programs.
• Strong collaboration and customer service skills
• Experience with local, state, and federal credit and non-credit programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to analyze multi-layered problems and propose solutions.
• Strong organizational skills and managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity.
• Knowledge of compliance with pertinent state and federal laws and regulations.
• Experience deploying data-informed and results oriented programs and supports.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree. Official transcripts required.
• Five (5) years of progressive responsibility in accreditation, compliance monitoring of health programs, or related experience
• Experience managing work groups and delivery structures
• Writing sample may be requested
• Must have current and valid Texas driver’s license for offsite travel
• *** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com