Coordinator, Student Life
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000 - $68,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$20.67 per hour
Responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the Student Life department including overseeing daily programming. Provide guidance to related staff in organizing projects and events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
• Skills in technological support and delivery of student programs and services; knowledge and skill in the use of integrated software systems; and proficiency in the use of Microsoft application software
• Advance knowledge of student programs and event planning. Ability to provide on-going technical support in planning, researching, developing, and implementing programs and activities for educational, recreational and cultural awareness for the college and community • Employ and deploy data-informed and results oriented initiatives
• Ability to organize projects in multitasked environment. Ability to travel locally and/or out of state. Ability to utilize computer technology to maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others.
• Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural, and socially and economically diverse student populations
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Able to create, develop, and implement learning opportunities that encourage student involvement and promote collaborative leadership activities among faculty and students
• An appreciation of shared governance and evidence of strong ability to work effectively and collaboratively with administration, faculty, students, staff, and other constituent groups and partners, both within and outside a college or university with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
• Ability to plan and implement a variety of well-rounded programs of student extra-curricular activities. Must be able to lead a team or supervise position within the department.
• Must have solid listening, oral and written communications to communicate with a diverse array of stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
• Provide excellent customer service to students and clients. Ability to evaluate the customer needs in order to reach departmental objectives and goals.
• Excellent time management, and organizational and problem-solving skills
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associates in related field. Official transcripts required.
• Three (3) years working with student clubs and organizations in student programs or event planning.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. workday especially during heavy registration peak times including nights and weekends.
• Demonstrable administrative and leadership experience
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required.
• Experience advising a student organization.
• Experience working with diverse student and staff populations.
• Excellent interpersonal relations skills
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Student Life Coordinator is responsible for implementation of programs and events through interaction with other college staff and students; program events include those associated with the arts, entertainment, goal setting and motivation, awareness, volunteer organizations, etc.
• Manages and coordinates related business details concerned with clubs and department functions including monitoring budget, initiating contracts, negotiation with agents and/or performers, ticket sales, physical arrangements and maintaining associated records and reports. Review’s publicity and promotional materials such as brochures, flyers, posters, etc.
• Develops learning outcomes as it relates to specific programs and events. Maintains assessments and evaluations. Prepares long range plans and projections for co-curricular and extra-curricular programs and services, research, reviews, and plans programs and events. At times may drive students and/or staff members to meetings, functions and/or events. Prepares statistical reports and maintains related files.
• Assists in the monitoring of assigned budget allocation(s). Selects, trains, and evaluates assigned staff. May oversee the student/staff identification card issuance process, including arranging weekend operations of department to accommodate weekend students in need of identification cards.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Utilizes excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network. Provides excellent customer service. Performs other job duties as required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com