Cardinal Stritch University is currently seeking a qualified candidate for our Business Office - VP department. The Vice President of Finance is a member of the University’s leadership team and plays a significant role in reviewing, developing and implementing an ongoing strategic plan ensuring that the University stays forward-looking and fully invested in its educational mission. Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Finance provides leadership for the University’s finance and support operations staff and activities in the areas of financial accounting, budget and planning, bursar, facilities and contractual services, information technology, risk management, forecasting, long-range strategic financial planning, and human resources management. The Vice President of Finance serves as liaison to the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees. The Vice President of Finance integrates the values of the Catholic Church and the Franciscan values (caring community, showing compassion, reverencing creation, and making peace) into the daily operations of the support systems directly under his/her leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the University’s financial administration including operating and capital budgeting, financial and management reporting, balance sheet, payroll and procurement, investments and risk management as well as accounting, tax and compliance responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the development of a long-term business plan. Prepare long-term financial forecasts and studies on various financially related matters
- Develop state-of-the-art modeling techniques consistent with campus-wide enrollment and financial and fundraising strategies
- Identify areas of cost reductions and productivity opportunities
- Organize, interpret and present relevant financial data, including identification of significant success/problem indicators to the President’s direct leadership team
- Coordinate the University’s relationship with lending institutions and the financial community
- Work with and assist Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees in establishing investment and spending policies and monitor performance on a timely basis
- Manage relationships with external auditors
- Review and execute contract agreements
- Supervise the Director of Facilities who is responsible for facilities and ground maintenance of the University’s campuses, plan deferred maintenance, lead sustainability planning, green technology and capital projects
- Supervise the Director of Human Resources who is responsible for the University’s human resources management program including employee benefits, training, employee relations, policy development, compensation, performance appraisal systems
- Supervise the Controller who is responsible for all of the financial, budgeting, and payroll-related functions which include employee payments, time tracking, tax reporting and payments, and annual W2 issuance. Additionally, the Controller is responsible for managing cash flow and risk management, tax reporting debt covenants, and compliance reporting
- Create and support ongoing formal professional development for staff
- Represent the University at WAICU (Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities) meetings as necessary and participate in University functions as part of the President’s direct leadership team
- Coordinate special projects
- Other duties as assigned by the President
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Enterprise Systems
- Director of Infrastructure Support
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of significant higher education experience or 20 years of senior level experience in financial management, planning, investment strategy and operations is required
- A current CPA license is strongly preferred
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.stritch.edu/About/Careers-at-Stritch.
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)