Prairie View A&M UniversityAdministrative Associate IIIJob Title
Administrative Associate IIIAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Accounting, Finance & Admin. Info. SystemsProposed Minimum Salary
$12.07 hourlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
To support day-to-day operations of the Department of the Accounting, Finance, MIS. The Administrative Associate III, under general supervision, will assist the department head, dean and faculty with student advising/registration and graduation; to maintain records and provide customer service.Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Day-to-day operations of the department office with tasks including answering phone, e-mail, fax; update and file student records; prepare purchase requisitions for supplies when needed; serve as a liaison between publishing companies and the university book store, prepare textbook order requests; help faculty with travel related matters to attend conferences, workshops, seminars, etc., provide customer service.
- Enter faculty hiring proposals in Workday to hire faculty, and complete hiring proposals; prepare offer letters and MOA's for current and incoming faculty and once approved by the department head and dean, upload them at the Academic Affairs (AA) website and hand carry the originals to AA; create appropriate business processes in Workday in order to put faculty on pay roll, etc.
- Input class schedules for fall, spring and summer registration in Banner; update class schedules as directed by the department head; assist department head and faculty with student advising, assign advisor to students in Banner (if not assigned), give out alternate pin once advising is complete.
- Help department head with graduation audits for winter, spring and summer graduation; prepare graduation audits for students who apply for graduation and prepare necessary course substitution forms as directed by the department head and submit the audits to the Office of the Registrar; prepare catalog waiver form as necessary.
- Create, update and maintain solders for each student in the Department to assist faculty with student advising; assign advisor to each student in Banner; prepare/update degree plans and other necessary forms/information to help students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma.
- Three years of related experience.
Job Posting Close Date:Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Administrative-Associate-III_R-037232About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com