Adjunct Faculty Title
Automotive Technology Instructor
Pay Rate Information
per adjunct contract
Position Start Date
Position End Date
We are looking for two adjunct automotive instructors.
Teach courses as assigned by the College.
· Demonstrate content expertise and currency within their academic field.
· Develop and maintain an increasingly diverse and effective pedagogical skill set that reflects our philosophy as established in our mission: Our focus is learning. Student success is our goal.
· Possess both the willingness and the ability to share expertise with students, colleagues, and the broader college community in a manner that is engaging and effective
· Engage in continued professional growth, scholarly engagement, and/or creative development.
· Demonstrate both the willingness and the ability to embrace technology within the college environment.
· Develop and maintain a solid commitment to college service and community engagement.
· Engage in professional behavior and participate actively in teamwork while respecting the diversity of values, opinions, and backgrounds both inside and outside the classroom environment.
· Cultivate student engagement through facilitation of and/or participation in extracurricular activities.
Bachelor's or Associate (AAS
) degree in Automotive Technology preferred.
Other Required Qualifications
5-years of work experience in the automotive repair industry
· Demonstrated skills in Automotive Principles, Advanced Diagnostics, and Electrical and Electronics
· Demonstrated experience in technology enhanced instruction.
· The ability to interact with the students and peers in a positive manner.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth.
· Commitment to the mission of the community college and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
· Commitment to working with beginning students.
Applications accepted until the position is filled?
If No, Application Deadline Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com