Career Connected Learning Support Specialist
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$36,000 - $57,600 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Dallas College is seeking an entry level, highly collaborative individual with a proven track record of supporting small work groups. The Career Connected Learning Support Specialist reports to various work units throughout the Career Connected organizational structure and will be expected to:
1. Contribute effectively to the accomplishment of the team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
2. Collaborate with project directors and managers to manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
• Experience and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building and customer service
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition
• Knowledge of Career Connected Learning programs and offerings
• Ability to analyze multi-layered problems and propose solutions
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity
• Knowledge of compliance with pertinent state and federal laws and regulations
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast -paced environment
• Ability to promote and support non-traditional educational programs
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of experience in higher education
• Two (2) years of experience in working with workforce education programs
• Demonstrated understanding and commitment to working with diverse workgroups across Dallas College and with external customers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports project teams
• Directs, plans, priorities and implements support initiatives and daily operations.
• Compiles reports and reviews performance outcomes.
• Develops presentations in areas of specialization and completes special projects as needed
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com