Adjunct Faculty Title Earth Science Instructor Department Earth Science Job Type Adjunct Faculty Employee Type Part Time Academic Year Fall Course(s) Earth Science Anticipated Schedule Varies Location Main Campus Pay Rate Information Per adjunct contract Position Start Date 08/09/2021 Position End Date
Position Introduction McHenry County College seeks an Adjunct (part-time) instructor to teach college Earth Science courses. The individual selected for this position must be available to provide in person instruction. Courses includes Intro to Earth Science, Global Environment, Physical Geology and/or Natural Hazards and Disasters.
Position Summary McHenry County College seeks an Adjunct (part-time) instructor to teach college Earth Science courses. Courses includes Intro to Earth Science, Global Environment, Physical Geology and/or Natural Hazards and Disasters.
Essential Responsibilities Including but are not limited to:
· Proficient teaching courses via in person, blended or online modalities.
· Available to teach daytime, evening, or weekend classes, as needed
· Available for student conferences either before or after class, and by College email if necessary
· Develop syllabus using MCC syllabus template
· Work cooperatively within the department, the division, and throughout the College in striving for educational excellence
· Conduct regular assessment of student learning
· Maintain and submit accurate student and course-related paperwork and data needed for College purposes in a timely fashion
· Document and report attendance daily and maintain and submit accurate attendance records weekly
· Submit grade reports electronically by the required date
· Utilize a variety of teaching styles in order to satisfy the different learning styles of students
· Utilize computer-based instruction and databases when necessary Required Qualifications · Experience teaching Type of Course(s) Earth Science, Global Environment, Physical Geology, and Natural Hazards
· Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. course management platform such as Canvas)
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
· Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
· Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills Other Required Qualifications · Minimum qualifications include a master's degree in the geoscience or a master's degree and 18 graduate credit hours in geoscience. Geoscience degrees include Astronomy, Atmospheric Science, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Meteorology, and Oceanography. Geoscience degrees do not include "Geoscience-Related Education" degrees. Desired Qualifications Applications accepted until the position is filled? No If No, Application Deadline Date Special Instructions to Applicants N/a
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com