Manager, Facilities Help Desk
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County.
The position of Help Desk Manager supports this effort by ensuring Facilities work order and asset management system is operating at a high level across all Dallas College locations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to lead and coordinate the daily activities of help desk team members responsible for the handling a high volume of calls.
• Must have experience with and knowledge of computerized maintenance management software.
• Ability to drive performance, efficiency, and quality of work by providing guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to assigned team.
• Must be able to observe the team's open backlog of support issues and reassign issues as necessary to ensure they are closed per help desk guidelines/procedures.
• Able to analyze results of customer satisfaction measurements to improve services and customers relations.
• Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures that affect clients and/or employees, applying them fairly and consistently; ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations; and applies best practices that are in direct support of the overall vision, mission, and goals of the college.
• Able to gather, compile, and analyze data/information and prepare reports as requested.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple assignments and projects, create detailed actions plans, as well as the ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and directions.
• Demonstrate positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of related experience or an Associate degree and five (5) years related experience, or ten (10) years related experience.
• Must have two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• Must have proficient computer skills.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages the day-to-day operations and assigned staff of assigned areas, scheduling, and approving work schedules.
• Applies broad, cross-functional knowledge and management of all assigned functional areas.
• Coordinates the completion of work orders, estimation of materials, labor costs and equipment needed and ordering materials and supplies.
• Ensures appropriate maintenance of records, the preparation of reports and requisitions for all areas assigned. Maintains quality control standards in all areas assigned.
• Resolves challenges that surface from daily operations.
• Responsible for assigned budget allocation and assists in yearly budget preparation with administrative staff by providing insight, input, and expertise.
• Primary liaison with contracted services for assigned areas.
• Responsible for determining and implementing specific training needs based on specialized area(s).
• Ensures that the Facilities Help desk provides the highest quality customer service across all Dallas College locations and ensures that Facilities work orders are processed in an efficient manner across all Dallas College locations.
• Responsible for timely input of data into asset management database and ensures that distribution of work orders is done in a timely manner.
• Assists facilities management leadership in preparation of work order and capital planning reports.
• Supervises a team of help desk professionals.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service and will assist other facilities management teams as required.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com