Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Journeyman Plumber supports that effort through the performance of advanced skilled craftwork in the plumbing trade.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experienced journeyman plumber with exceptional diagnostic skills and the ability to install and maintain plumbing systems and ensure that systems are functioning safely and effectively.
• Must have experience and the ability to assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems. Knowledge of state laws and regulations and adhere to local building codes, ensuring a safe work environment.
• Ability to read blueprints and other technical documents to assess building needs such as pipe/plumbing fixture plans.
• Proficiency using plumbing tools, materials, and equipment.
• Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with contractors, construction workers, electricians, and individuals in a diverse multicultural environment.
• Strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills, self-starter able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments with attention to detail.
• Capable of assessing situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and considerate of the safety of the facility.
• Ability to train apprentices in proper plumbing techniques and practices.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written and provide exceptional customer service to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent and a Licensed Journeyman Plumber plus five (5) years of related experience.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday including nights and weekends.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures the highest quality of Plumbing work across all Dallas College locations.
• Troubleshoots and resolve Plumbing issues at multiple locations of Dallas College.
• Install, repair, and maintain sinks, showers, water fountains, commodes, urinals, water heaters, conditioners, and plumbing fixtures.
• Maintain inventory of plumbing supplies and may prepare requisitions.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service and provides safe and healthy buildings for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
• Assist other facilities management teams as required.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com