Automotive Detailing Technician
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$32,000 - $51,200 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$15.38 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Automotive Detailing Technician supports that effort through the process of maintaining a clean and serviceable fleet across all Dallas College locations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High School Diploma plus one (1) years of related automotive detailing experience.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures the highest quality of vehicle cleanliness across all Dallas College locations and assists the maintenance department with the cleaning and detailing of vehicles.
• Travels within Dallas County utilizing College vehicles. Keeps all fleet vehicles clean and fueled.
• Assists Fleet Manager in logistics of college fleet.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service.
• Provides safe and healthy buildings for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
• Assists other facilities management teams as required.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com