Learning & Development Partner
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 - $104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Learning & Development Partner (L&DP) will help build a transformative approach to employee learning and development. The L&DP will support the organization's strategic priorities by determining which competencies create the highest levels of success for Dallas College employees and teams and illuminating an accessible path for everyone to build and hone them. This role will also be instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performing, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate effective learning solutions that are practical, realistic, and produce measurable impact. In-depth knowledge and proven history of successfully applying learning theory in a fast-paced environment. Experience with capability development in alignment with strategic business goals.
• Demonstrated experience and passion for innovation, continuous improvement, and leading cultural change across the workplace. Is employee-focused, collaborative, and able to develop strong relationships and influence at all organizational levels.
• Uses strong business acumen and analytical thinking skills to create effective, business-focused solutions. Resourceful leader with the ability to manage ambiguity and deal with uncertainty. Effectively manages complex projects and multiple priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences. Ability to develop accurate written materials. A high degree of comfort presenting complex, strategic ideas or concepts in a succinct and user-friendly manner to small and large groups.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, strong preference for a major in human resources, business administration, or related focus. Master's degree preferred. Official transcripts are required.
• Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and certifications, which together total ten (10) years, may be substituted.
• Four (4) years of related professional work experience, with at least two years in a learning and development, curriculum design, corporate training, consultancy, or related field.
• Experience designing, developing, and facilitating training and development programs, using various delivery methods, that contribute directly to organizational success and employees' career development and growth.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Experience with eLearning design software such as Captivate, Articulate, or Adobe Suite software (including Premiere Pro, Audition, Dreamweaver, Media Converter, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) a plus.
• Must have a valid driver's license if traveling to off-site locations.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as a strategic consultant connecting current and future business outcomes to execute performance and skill-building strategies for Dallas College employees. Lead strategic recommendations, planning and implementing performance solutions that could include coaching programs, facilitated workshops, team coaching and development, and asynchronous learning opportunities.
• Collaborate with the senior leaders and other cross-functional partners to establish a trusted alliance developing performance coaching and learning strategies and align professional development strategies with key business priorities and performance targets.
• Develop capability and learning strategies that are clearly aligned to and support the organization's objectives. Measure and evaluate the ROI of programs tied directly to core competency improvement and direct impact on key business metrics.
• Identify opportunities to scale and continually improve program effectiveness in a hypothesis-driven and data-informed way. Use performance reviews and skills gap analyses to identify training needs per department, team, and individual. Align learning assets to upskill employees in their current roles that demand elevated skills.
• Create, deliver, and maintain new employee onboarding plans. In collaboration with other HR units and partners, design development plans and learning pathways, and certify skill acquisition to help employees develop the competency level needed to advance at Dallas College.
• Leverage technology platforms for learning delivery and measurement to enable capability development programs, dashboards for leaders to measure team member capabilities, compliance, and skills gaps to advance the overall operations and value of learning.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com