The evening receptionist is responsible for being the first point of contact for the University and supporting students and faculty during evening classes. The ideal candidate is patient, meticulously organized with an ability to multitask, thrives under pressure, and has a strong knowledge of AV equipment and technical troubleshooting capabilities (setting up classroom technology, video recording equipment, and video conferencing systems). A working knowledge of Office 365 is required. The candidate knows how to be friendly but firm, is able to communicate in a clear, direct, and professional way, and has a strong sense of responsibility. Your problem-solving skills, good sense of when to be flexible, confidentiality, self-motivation and helpful attitude are vital in this role. You will get the support that you need to be successful in this role.
- Minimum two (2) years post-secondary education in a related field
- Previous experience in office administration preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team in a cooperative, supportive, and congenial manner
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and be flexible
- Must be organized, punctual and reliable
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general front desk administrative support
- Handle initial telephone and/or in-person inquiries, provide information to persons seeking Adler University and/or general information, & redirect to appropriate departments when needed
- Provide assistance to staff, faculty, students, and the public
- Take tuition and other payments from students
- Ensure common areas are clean and in good order
- Set up of classrooms for regularly scheduled classes and special events
- Classroom A/V set up and troubleshooting
- Ensuring that all classrooms are left in good order and secure at end of the day
- Provide faculty with administrative support during evening classes
- Assistance in file digitization project
- Other duties as assigned
Work Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Adler University is committed to the principle of equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and potential employees, along with discrimination and a harassment-free workplace environment. Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com