Otis College of Art and Design
Los Angeles, CA (Westchester)
Academic Operations Coordinator
Open Until Filled
The Academic Operations Coordinator role is a full-time position that plays a critical role in supporting and executing various important responsibilities of the Extension department’s operations, communication, and curriculum. The Extension department consists of adult and youth education programs, certificate programs, K-12 and pre-college programs, including Summer of Art and youth camps, summer and community programs, career and technical education programs, workforce development and executive education programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Curriculum.
• In coordination with the Director of Curriculum, assist with and execute various complex operational Extension work functions.
• Ensure Extension instructors are compensated properly for their work with the department by preparing their contracts and getting necessary signatures, and/or by reviewing and approving their hourly time sheets for each pay period, as determined by the Director of Curriculum and Dean of Extension.
• Coordinate important logistical information related to Extension programming directly with Extension instructors, students, Otis staff, outside entities, and other individuals, as determined by the Director of Curriculum.
• Facilitate course and program requirements including, but not limited to, models, Zoom ID’s, required equipment/supplies, rooms, off-site logistics, and course materials.
• Help ensure quality control of workflows throughout the department. Facilitate efficiency of processes and follow up actions. Serve as a resource to others on departmental, programmatic, and College‐wide procedures. Provide backup support and relief coverage within Extension, as appropriate. Interact with other Otis College offices to facilitate communication and information exchange.
• Assist the Director of Registration and Business Systems with various Extension registration related tasks such as, but not limited to, building each term schedule, dropping, adding, transferring or refunding students through Destiny, facilitating processes involving deferments, tuition remissions and waivers, independent studies, and final portfolio, as needed.
• Assist with the maintenance of the Extension website through the inputting of new and updated information, proof existing and new copy/course information, and ensuring all public facing information is current and relevant. Ensure policies/procedures, course information, and other departmental information is communicated accurately and effectively to the public through online, email, phone, marketing, and other communication channels.
• Coordinate the production and distribution of program materials, such as, but not limited to, attendance rosters, grading rosters, course materials, informational materials, marketing materials, etc., as determined by the Director of Curriculum.
• Coordinate with the Director of Curriculum to ensure that all Extension instructors deliver all grades, course materials, attendance rosters, evaluation forms, etc. related to their specific courses correctly and in a timely manner. Assist with and facilitate communications and outreach relevant to instructors and students related to curricular programming information, policies, procedures, and updates.
• Assist with the preparation and execution of Extension special events. Attends functions to ensure satisfactory outcomes, as determined by the Director of Curriculum.
• Collaborate with other offices, departments, and staff across the College. May be asked to represent Extension on College committees and at meetings.
• Provide guidance and instruction to student employees and volunteers, as assigned by the Director of Curriculum.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Otis College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic which may be specified by law or college policy.
The successful candidate must be a self-starting, hardworking, creative, strategic thinker capable of multi-tasking, working professionally with current, former, and prospective Extension students, and able to provide outstanding customer service at all times.
At least one year of relevant higher education administrative experience. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations affecting student registration and enrollment, student privacy, and FERPA is required. Must have knowledge of art and design fields and professions offered within Extension (including professional business requirements and best practices). Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail required. Must have demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations of students, faculty, and staff.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must apply via Otis’ website at https://otis.simplehire.com/postings/1843 to be considered for the position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Otis College of Art and Design and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com