SCOPE OF POSITION:
(Reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement)
The Director of Advancement Services, Prospect Research & Capital Campaigns is responsible for directing and planning the research on all potential donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations. Direct the process for tracking donors and prospects to ensure maximum function of the Institution’s portfolio. Provide analysis and interpretation of prospect and donor information and facilitate communication regarding prospects. Prepare and distribute prospect management reports. Develop new analytical reports that provide accurate projections of gifts in the pipeline and demographic snapshots of prospect pool. Assist in developing strategy, planning, reporting, tracking and other logistics for capital campaigns, ensuring their success.
- Manage and analyze the prospect assignment process and prospect portfolios. Collaborate with the VP of Institutional Advancement and the appropriate fundraisers to facilitate assignment of seemingly viable prospective donors into the appropriate portfolios.
- Support the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and all fundraisers to ensure a steady flow of prospective donors for assignment to qualify or cultivate.
- Develop, articulate, establish, and implement Prospect Management and Tracking System policies, procedures and training for development officers and college staff.
- Develop research reports and analysis on potential donor wealth indicators. Estimate financial status and potential for giving.
- Establish solicitation priorities and develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for a range of prospects. Prepare and provide materials that can be distributed to board members and volunteers for solicitations
- Work with the VP of Institutional Advancement, fundraisers and the campaign consultant in developing, planning, reporting, tracking and other logistics for capital campaigns. This includes campaign readiness assessments, feasibility studies, portfolio analyses, nucleus fund planning, goal setting, recognition strategies, proposal tracking and moves management.
- Assist in the creation and development of a Capital Campaign Committee. Responsible for organizing regular committee meetings and providing reports and other pertinent materials.
- Work with Advancement and Communications staff in the development of campaign materials, including print materials, web materials and social media strategy, including helping to develop content.
- Create and maintain internal screening strategies and methodologies on data variables of potential donors.
- Manage external data/information needs and requirements regarding prospective donors.
- Utilize the Proposal Tracking and Pipeline reports in NXT & Raiser’s Edge to ensure timely updates have been entered for the activities of the development officers
- Review Gift and Pledge processing to verify transactions have been linked appropriately to the constituent’s Proposal track in Prospect Management.
- Review campus-wide prospect information (correspondence, strategy memos, contact reports, etc.) for appropriate inclusion in Raiser’s Edge.
- Work with the Vice President to incorporate new prospects into the Prospect Tracking System, and aid in the referral of prospects.
- Work to develop new reports and to evaluate, analyze, and articulate recommendation for the Enhancement of the Prospect Management and Tracking System.
- Ensure protocols are in place, adhering to all legal privacy requirements and ethical standards upheld by regulatory bodies and professional organizations (e.g. CASE, APRA).
- Manage the prospect pipeline and develop an annual operating plan in conjunction with the development officers to ensure timely and accurate information management of data related to all donors and prospects.
- Maintain an awareness of goals, objectives, and directions of the development programs many initiatives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of (6) year's experience in fundraising organizations, preferably for higher education or cultural instructions.
- Demonstrated understanding of major gifts fundraising and prospect management. Preference will be given to candidates with direct past experience using a major gift prospect management system (such as Raiser’s Edge).
- Experience with maintaining prospect information and data management systems, and creating policies, procedures and training materials.
- User-knowledge of donor/constituent management database systems and the ability to work effectively with systems administrators or programmers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present and deliver information effectively; and experience working with highly confidential information.
- Experience in data analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of information.
- Strong desk-top computer skills and knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use utmost discretion as this information is highly confidential.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com