The successful applicant will teach two courses per semester, including radio and television, and contribute to the research profile of the School and the Faculty through generating high-quality publications. It is expected that the appointee will bear some administrative responsibility as determined by the discipline coordinator.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in journalism, media and/or communication studies;
- Quality of Research (QoR) expectations at the Lecturer level;
- And normally 4 years tertiary teaching experience;
- A record of teaching excellence at the tertiary level and experience in postgraduate supervision;
- Sound knowledge of emerging digital media technologies in radio, television and the web;
- Some understanding of the South Pacific region;
- Familiarity with software such as Photoshop, InDesign and Final Cut Pro X, and any other radio and television broadcast software;
- Relevant expertise in website design; and
- Specialist knowledge and experience in distance and online education.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
Those who already possess Tertiary qualification and Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching (PGCTT) or equivalent;
- A formal certificate in tertiary teaching or equivalent;
- A strong research profile in journalism, media and/or communication studies;
- Relevant expertise in curriculum and instructional design and online education; and
- Experience in field journalism and ability to network with actors in the industry.
How to Apply
Candidates may use the Universitys online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of the South Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com