Prairie View A&M University
Extension Agent (AgNR, Nachogdoches & Rusk County)
Extension Agent (AgNR, Nachogdoches & Rusk County)
Prairie View A&M University
Adloc Cooperative Extension Programs
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
The Extension Agent, under general supervision, implements, plans, and evaluates educational programs and activities in assigned program areas; Supports and assists in the implementation of educational programs and activities in program areas for which other staff members have assigned leadership responsibilities. Rusk County location at 113 E Fordall St, Henderson, TX 75652 and Nacogdoches County location at 203 W. Main St. TX, 75961
This is position is funded by a grant or restricted funds. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricted funding.
- Utilizes appropriate evaluation strategies/techniques to determine the progress of outcome programs and other program activities in reaching the objectives of the county program by providing training, consulting and technical assistance to youth, adults, entrepreneurs, homeowners, farmers, ranchers, small businesses, and/or community organizations
- Utilizes evaluation results to make program revisions and modifications
- Utilizes evaluation data and program outcomes to interpret program impacts to elected officials, key leaders, and stakeholders.
- Implements the planned educational programs and activities in assigned program areas which address critical issues and/or emerging needs in Nacogdoches County; Supports and assists in the implementation of educational programs and activities in program areas for which other staff members have assigned leadership responsibilities
- Identifies, recruits, and trains local volunteer leaders to enable them to effectively perform their duties while serving on committees, clubs, and/or organizations
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methods, strategies/techniques, activities, and materials in conducting educational programs
- Complies with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Affirmative Action Plan of Prairie View A&M University in conducting Extension educational programs
- Works with and supports Extension-sponsored groups such as 4-H clubs, community-based organizations, and master volunteer groups toward the achievement of increased participation and strengthening programs.
- Maintains appropriate communications with county, district, and administrative staff at PVAMU to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the county program
- Prepares monthly, annual and special reports and outcome program summaries to demonstrate results of planning, program accomplishments, and changes in behavior resulting from the educational programs
- Conducts multiple interpretation events for county and state elected officials to report on program accomplishments and outcomes.
- Performs the responsibilities of the Extension Agent in a professional manner through coordination and cooperation with other county staff members under the supervision of the Regional Program Leader
- Understands job duties and responsibilities of an Extension Agent and accepts the responsibilities associated with the position
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Develops a long-range professional improvement plan with the appropriate PVAMU-CEP Regional Program Leader and District Extension Administrator and appropriate input from Regional Program Leaders
- Develops annual individual development plan which addresses short-term professional improvement needs and career goals
- Participates in formal and informal training opportunities to increase knowledge and skills and maintain technical competencies
- Participates in regularly scheduled county staff conferences to coordinate plans, activities, and joint work to promote staff teamwork and to make the best use of each agent's time;
- Assists in the maintenance of files, mailing lists, membership rolls of Extension-related organizations, and inventories
- Keeps informed on and complies with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program of Cooperative Extension Program
- Cooperates with the county coordinator and other staff members in the development and implementation of an EEO Action Plan for the county office unit
- Conducts annual performance review with each support staff member the agent is assigned to supervise or coordinates with other staff members with joint supervision responsibilities for the review.
- Plans with committees, task forces, groups, and organizations to conduct educational programs and activities
- Develops comprehensive outcome and output program plans which address base programs, critical issues, and clientele needs
- Plans evaluation strategies for outcome directed programs and significant program activities
- Plans regularly with the total staff to coordinate programming efforts
- Coordinates and collaborates with other agencies, groups, and organizations to plan educational programs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Maintains attention to detail and utilizes sound judgment.
Job Posting Close Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Extension-Agent--AgNR--Nachogdoches---Rusk-County-_R-036683
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com