Prairie View A&M UniversityExtension Agent (4H, Cameron County)Job Title
Extension Agent (4H, Cameron County)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Adloc Cooperative Extension ProgramsProposed Minimum Salary
San Benito, TexasJob Type
This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating educational programs that develop youth and volunteers in Cameron County based on expressed needs of the limited resource clientele. This position is located at 1390 W Expy 83, San Benito, TX 78586.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Identify, recruit, and train local adult volunteer leaders to enable them to perform effectively in their duties in Extension advisory committees, 4-H club management, project meetings, etc.; specifically develops and works with stakeholder-based committees that provide direction for Extension programs supporting 4-H and Youth Development.
- Develop, work with, and support Extension sponsored groups and activities such as 4-H clubs, competitions, and events on the county, district, and state level (i.e. increase participation and enrollment). Recruit 4-H members,; enroll and management 4-H Clubs.
- Develops external resources to support 4-H programming; works with community-based organizations to effectively link Extension and 4-H to the community; secure financial support for 4-H club enrollment through grant writing, fund raising, and/or sponsorship; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in manner to get along with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Maintains appropriate communications with county, district, and administrative staff at PVAMU to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the county program; Prepares monthly, annual and special reports and outcome program summaries to demonstrate results of planning, program accomplishments, and changes in behavior resulting from the educational programs; Conducts multiple interpretation events for county and state elected officials to report on program accomplishments and outcomes.
- Other duties inclusive as necessary and appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- No prior experience required for positions that are not designated as an urban county. Positions for designated urban counties require three (3) years of related experience.
Job Closing Date:Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications. Technical competence in appropriate subject matter and the ability to apply this knowledge to the solution of problems.
- Understanding of the learning and development processes of youth and adults. Knowledge of a variety of teaching methods to provide effective learning experiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Strong written and oral communication skills.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/San-Benito-PVAMU/Extension-Agent--4H--Cameron-County-_R-041126About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com