The Department of Counselor Education at Boise State University invites applications for a School Counseling Assistant/Associate Professor of Counselor Education starting in the fall semester of 2022. The faculty member will (a) teach school counseling courses, as well as a variety of core counselor education courses, including PhD in CES Apprentice Model courses; (b) conduct research to develop or further a strong scholarly agenda in the field of Counseling; (c) mentor and advise MA and PhD in CES students; and (d) participate in service activities at the University, College, and Department level, as well as engage in community and professional service activities . We seek to recruit and retain a colleague who promotes equitable access to educational opportunities and is responsive and cares about the success of all students we serve.
The successful candidate will join our team to make all contributions to successfully achieve our department's and university's missions. Specifically, successful candidates are expected to:
1. A cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position.
2. A CV that includes employment history (including dates of employment).
3. A one-page statement describing your teaching philosophy and how you support all student learners.
4. A one-page description of your research agenda.
5. Three professional letters of recommendation.
6. Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Official copies of all transcripts will be required for subsequent consideration.
**Please note: there are 3 slots for uploading materials of unlimited size files. One reserved for the resume/cv, one for the cover letter and the remaining slot for other requested materials. Please condense your files as necessary**
Closing date October 30, 2021; review of applications will begin November 1st.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Boise State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com