Job Title Instructor of Manufacturing Department Manufacturing Management FLSA Status Exempt Job Type Faculty Position Grade Faculty Employee Type Full Time Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Grant Funded No Work Year 9 Months Work Year-Other Information Typical Work Schedule
This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position that requires the successful candidate to teach a minimum of 30 credit hours per academic year. In addition, faculty schedule weekly conference hours and are otherwise available regularly for student inquiry. Service on college committees and participation in departmental, divisional, shared governance, and college-wide initiatives is required as well.
Bargaining Unit Eligibility Yes-Faculty Association Work Week 40 Hours Work Week-Other Information Special Instructions to Applicants Position Introduction
MCC instructors are higher education professionals who champion student learning. They engage and inspire students, applying innovative teaching and learning pedagogies to reach a variety of learners. They assess student learning to ensure student success, staying abreast of current and emerging trends in the discipline. Our instructors collaborate within the College as discipline experts, helping the College to reach its strategic goals through active participation in college committees and by promoting the College to future students throughout our community.
Reports to Dean of Career and Technical Education Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Demonstrate content expertise and currency within their academic field.
· Develop and maintain an increasingly diverse and effective pedagogical skill set that reflects our philosophy as established in our mission: Our focus is learning. Student success is our goal.
· Possess both the willingness and the ability to share expertise with students, colleagues, and the broader college community in a manner that is engaging and effective
· Engage in continued professional growth, scholarly engagement, and/or creative development.
· Demonstrate both the willingness and the ability to embrace technology within the college environment.
· Develop and maintain a solid commitment to college service and community engagement.
· Engage in professional behavior and participate actively in teamwork while respecting the diversity of values, opinions, and backgrounds both inside and outside the classroom environment.
· Cultivate student engagement through facilitation of and/or participation in extracurricular activities.
Required Education Associate's Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution Other Required Qualifications
· Associate of Applied Science degree in Engineering Technology, Industrial/Construction Management or related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
· 5-years of work experience in the manufacturing industry
· Demonstrated experience with hydraulics and pneumatics, electricity, motor controls, and programmable logic controls
· Demonstrated experience in technology enhanced instruction.
· The ability to interact with the students and peers in a positive manner.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth.
· Commitment to the mission of the community college and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
· Commitment to working with beginning students.
Skills and Specifications
Location Main Campus
Apply Here: https://mchenry.peopleadmin.com/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com