I. JOB SUMMARY
The Payroll Coordinator will work in a fast paced, high volume, work environment; compiling payroll data to maintain records for calculation of payroll. They will process payroll on a bi-weekly basis for approximately 900+ employee/students using PRISMHR. Timely and accurately process and audit the payroll and address payroll related questions. The position is responsible for but not limited to coordinating and processing payroll actions; gathering information and processing new hires, terminations, and manage various employee documents from faculty, other department personnel. The Payroll Coordinator must have a firm understanding of payroll theory, possess the ability to apply changes whether legislative in nature or management driven.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll in PRSMHR for 900+ students/employees
- Provides quality and friendly HR and payroll customer service to employees
- Maintains I-9 documentation and recordkeeping for termed employees
- Assist with Time and Attendance updates and processing.
- On-Boards student new hires
- Manages the termination process for all personnel files
- Name change/Address changes (Colleague)
- Responsible for coordinating the ordering of office supplies
- Distributes and sorts incoming mail to HR/Payroll department
- Data entry of new hires, changes, and termination
- Track workers compensation/disability/PFL/FMLA
- Stay current with changing federal and state payroll laws and update law posters.
- Complete verifications of employment
- Manage unemployment claims
- Submit payments for various bills
- Administer multiple union contract rules as they relate to payroll
- Complete month-end reporting and reconciliations for direct deposits and garnishments
- Verify employment, disability, workers’ compensation, and unemployment inquiries.
- Assist with year-end payroll processing and review
- Manage audit and Run ad hoc reports as requested using PRISMHR
- Assist with payroll training and documentation
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Assists with various research projects and/or special projects
- Other duties as assigned
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Experience with online payroll software PRISMHR preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Must be very organized with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; has a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, with excellent follow through on issues.
- High energy, engaging and collaborative; works very well in supporting others
- 2-3 years of experience in payroll, accounting and human resources
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Self-starter with proven time management skills and ability to prioritize in a high-volume position
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com