I. JOB SUMMARY
This position provides instructional and audio-visual technology support services through administration, applications, Simulation Lab, maintenance, training, and troubleshooting for faculty, staff, administration, and students. Should have the knowledge and experience that enables them to perform their job independently and coordinate difficult technical projects in a collaborative team environment with little direct supervision.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Provide instructional media support, which includes faculty training, assistance, configuration & maintenance of audio-visual hardware (and, as appropriate, computer hardware & software); and coordinating operational checks of classroom technology systems including media controllers.
- Assist with the implementation process of instructional technology in the learning environment, and Simulation Lab primarily with audiovisual hardware, and as appropriate, with computer hardware & software.
- Assist the director in the administration/documentation and establishment of plans, policies, procedures, and facilities where instructional innovation and technology would be relevant.
- Maintain official, accurate, and up-to-date Web presence on the website, including training documentation.
- Provide technical support/user assistance for distance learning facility, satellite communications, videoconferencing, web conferences, and special events.
- Manage audio visual equipment data base and reports.
- Assist with on- and off-site vendor relations.
- Participate in simulation scenarios as needed
- Provide simulation and educational technology help desk support, as needed
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned.
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Computer Literacy (word processing, mail merges, spreadsheets, database management, cloud-based platforms)
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to utilize various software programs
- Simulation experience a plus
- Set up and install media equipment such as LCD projectors, speakers, TVs, video monitors, and cameras.
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelors or higher from accredited college or university
- 3-5 years AV Support and troubleshooting experience
- 3-5 years experience with Microsoft and Apple Products
- Audio/Video Experience in Higher Education environment
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com