1. Under the direction of Early Childhood Teacher, implement an age appropriate, success oriented, and developmentally appropriate curriculum meeting all NAEYC requirements. Work as a team with the teaching team, and Lead Teacher to design an environment and activities to meet the need of individual children while remaining responsive and aware of group needs.
2. Follow and maintain daily routines and schedule for all individual children in the class. Maintain classroom management by being on the floor engaging all children in play, especially during routines such as diapering and feeding times. Create a warm and accepting environment for children, families, students, volunteers and community members. Follow all DCFS standards.
3. Ensure the safety of the children in assigned group, inspecting indoor and outdoor toys and equipment daily. Assure that all children are supervised by sight and sound at all times.
4. Maintain ratios at all times, even if that means being asked to cover in another classroom to maintain ratios during naptime, at the end of the day or the beginning of the day.
5. Eat with and assist children in development of social and self-help skills, and sound nutritional practices. Use and teach children Family Style Meal Service.
6. Maintaining classroom ratios when Teacher 3 has supervision or planning time.
7. Covering classrooms for napping children during outside or gym time.
8. Changing children’s diapers and feeding children in the absence of their primary teacher to maintain continuity of care.
9. Implement all classroom procedures, including washing hands, doing laundry, tooth brushing, and all other health and safety standards.
10. Floating between classrooms as needed within the Family Development Center, to best ensure quality of care.
25% Other Responsibilities
1. Abide by program philosophies on parent involvement and parent participation.
2. Document all important communication with families.
3. Complete all required documentation and reports and submit in a timely manner.
4. Assumes complete responsibility of the class over the summer, including lesson planning, and ensure the health safety and supervision of children at all times.
Four positions are available.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Governors State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com