Principal Faculty, Physician Assistant/Assistant Clinical or Tenure Track Faculty
This is a 10 -month position on a clinical or tenure track line, at the rank of clinical assistant or clinical assistant professor, respectively. The faculty member for this position will be responsible for teaching 24 credit hours across the PA curriculum, advising students, in addition to program, college, and community service, professional development and leadership and scholarship.
Distinguishing Features of the Class:
The candidate must be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program, be NCCPA certified and licensed to practice in New York State. Three years of clinical experience is required; teaching experience strongly preferred. A master’s degree is required, a doctoral degree is preferred. Qualified candidates must show evidence of good moral character, strong work ethic, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with inter-professional team members. As a principal faculty member performance will be evaluated in these domains: teaching, service, and scholarship and professional development. In support of, on behalf of, and in collaboration with the Dean of the School of Health Professions, the candidate will: create a culture of scholarly pursuit among staff, faculty, and students in the School of Health Professions.
Examples of Duties:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Across the curriculum: didactic, clinical, and/or graduate level
· Including: assistance with grading of clinical year SCPE write-ups
· Assistance with remediation of didactic and clinical year students
· Assistance with proficiency testing of clinical year students
· Board review sessions for clinical year students Scholarship and Professional Activity
· Participation in continuing education, presentations, contributions to publications and leadership in professional organizations or other demonstration of scholarly work. Service
· Membership and active participation in all program committees (accreditation, curriculum development, progress, admissions, advisement, etc.) within the department Other ad hoc committees, task force, workgroups as necessary.
· Membership and active participation in faculty senate or other committees (i.e. curriculum, policies), college level and school-wide task forces, ad-hoc, and standing committees, work-groups, etc.
· Participation in program and college service-learning initiatives and professional development in both the discipline and as an educator.
· Participation in professional organizations, community outreach efforts and civic service groups.
· Participate in recruitment events and other events of the department
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: Evaluating student performance; providing academic counseling of students as needed; designing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating curriculum as needed; evaluating the program; selecting applicants for admission to the PA program; developing, reviewing and revising, as necessary, the mission statement for the program; identifying new clinical placement sites and conduct clinical site visits.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com