This is a 9-month, full-time position for the fall, winter, and spring academic terms. Salary for the 9-month position is disbursed over 12 months. Under the direction of the Director for Career Services, the Assistant Teaching Professor will teach career development curriculum to incoming undergraduate students enrolled in a co-operative education concentration. Subject matter includes resume development, interviewing skills, the job search process, and workplace behavior. This position will also assist in continued course development; participate in departmental committees, events, and initiatives.
- Be primarily responsible for teaching the Steinbright Career Management and Professional Development career preparation curriculum for first-year and second-year students as part of a team of five faculty.
- Keep up-to-date on trends in career management, operational changes, new majors, and the theory and practice of pedagogy to assist in the continued development of curricula and course syllabi.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills. Provide ample opportunities to meet with students during non-teaching hours, to respond to email communication, and to provide individual review and critiques of job search materials.
- Keep detailed records of assignment submissions and student progress in BbLearn. Keep director and student support team advised of students with academic challenges. Document issues in AVT. Submit final grades utilizing BannerWeb,
Academic and Professional Activities
- Participate in service responsibilities in Steinbright and Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMSS) such as committees, task teams, presentations, and event support.
- Attend weekly faculty meetings as well as monthly Steinbright All-Staff meetings, annual Bright Ideas departmental strategic planning day, and departmental training sessions.
- Work closely with academic departments to support the integration between COOP 101 and academic programs.
- Support university activities and civic organizations in support of Drexel’s commitment to civic engagement.
- Other operational, assessment, or pedagogical responsibilities as assigned.
University City – Philadelphia, PA
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, Education, Business or related field
- Minimum of 2 years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teaching and/or presentation skills
- Ability to counsel/teach students the skills and abilities needed for a successful job
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel; ability to work in databases required; demonstrated competence in Zoom and Teams.
- Organization and careful attention to detail
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with BannerWeb preferred
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Apply Here: https://careers.drexel.edu/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Drexel University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com