Department Name College of Medicine
The Dean of the College is responsible to provide strategic direction, academic planning leadership and administrative oversight to achieve the highest standards in the College. Promote innovative approaches to program and professional training development and delivery, increase research output and funding support, and facilitate partnerships with other Faculties. Ensure sustainable growth and competitiveness, expand the College's interdisciplinary research programs, and work collaboratively with academic, industry and public sector partners to further enhance its national and international stature.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stimulate and support excellence and integrity in teaching, learning, research and University service, and foster a climate that encourages faculty, staff and students to identify and pursue innovation in these activities.
- Lead the academic planning process of the College by initiating discussions, defining priorities, and developing and articulating its vision.
- Initiate and oversee activities designed to improve teaching skills within the College and ensure that teaching methods are state-of-the-art.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development of research activity to capitalize upon the expertise, interests and resources of the College and to ensure alignment with the University's research strategy.
- Play a proactive role in increasing funding support to the College through government, industry and other funding sources and work collaboratively with academic, industry and public sector partners to further enhance the research profile of the College, and expand and improve its infrastructure.
- Promote the research activities of faculty members and ensure that their contributions to the success of the College is known and celebrated within the University and the broader community.
- Ensure cooperative integration among the centers, support units, and academic units within and related to the College.
- Continue to seek opportunities to develop and continue interdisciplinary research and teaching initiatives with other Faculties, Colleges, Schools and Institutes within Qatar University.
- Ensure effective communication and engagement with students, faculty and staff members.
- Develop, manage and ensure effective administration and accountability of the College's budget and resources and support, regularly assess and ensure effective College governance.
- Ensure appropriate and efficient organization and assignment of staff responsibilities, effective management, commitment to staff development and administration of collective agreements and personnel policies.
- Ensure recruitment and appointment processes are undertaken with the aim to attract the highest possible caliber of faculty and staff and that the process itself is reflective of equity, diversity and University policy.
- Build effective relationships, promote and advocate for the College to a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including senior administration, associate deans, department chairs, faculty and staff, students, alumni, professional associations, the media, community leaders, and educational and other key institutions, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Participate in the development of University strategy and policy as a member of the University's senior management team.
- Prepare a semiannual report to the Vice President for Medical & Health Sciences on the status and future of the college's academic programs of the college.
- Meet regularly with the college Department Heads and review their short and long-term goals for the college.
- Recommend to Vice President for Academic Affairs the appointment of Department Heads.
- Review academic promotions dossiers prepared by the Department Heads and submit his/her recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates as appropriate according to scheduled plans and recommend actions as per applied HR policies.
- Identify staff training needs and plan for appropriate training to be provided in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
- A doctorate degree is necessary.
- Extensive academic leadership experience is necessary to relate to a range of internal and external partners and promote excellence, equity, diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in an academic leadership role (Department Chair, Associate Dean or Dean) with a record of superior leadership in academic planning and implementation, collegial engagement, and the ability to see the bigger picture and long-term outlook.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Highest Academic Qualification.
- Current Curriculum Vitae with Cover letter.
- Teaching,research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees' contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.However, if no course work was completed,an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.