Adler University is currently recruiting for a full-time core faculty position in the Master's in Counselling Psychology: Art Therapy Department starting in the Spring Semester of 2021 or Fall 2021. A successful candidate will align with the University's mission and values, which train socially responsible practitioners, engaging communities, and advance social justice. The core faculty member will report to and collaborate with the Program Director in Vancouver and with the Chairperson of the Master of Arts in Counselling: Art Therapy Department at Adler University's Chicago campus.
- M.A or M.S in Art Therapy is required. A doctoral-level degree in Counselling Psychology or Counsellor Education from a recognized program accredited by CPA, APA, or equivalent, preferred.
- a minimum of five (5) years of post-graduate teaching and clinical experience providing services in psychology, art therapy, and counseling services to various populations
Certifications and Licenses:
- Candidates must have or be eligible for the following certifications/licensures: Registered counselor with a professional association (RCC, RSW, RCSW, etc.); Registered art therapist (BCATR, RCAT, ATR-BC). Registered Clinical Counsellor with British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors, or Psychologist Registration (or registration eligibility) with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, is a requirement, required.
- Candidates who are not already Registered Psychologists may be required to pass a pre-employment background check.
Knowledge/ Skills / Abilities
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive community.
- A strong passion for and a strong record of teaching, clinical work, clinical supervision, and thesis supervision experience at the graduate level.
- A strong record of participation in training activities, including the provision of clinical supervision to trainees.
- Knowledge of several theoretical orientations in order to supervise students during their clinical practicum.
- A record of scholarship related to Counselling Psychology or Counsellor Education.
- Commitment to training counselors to work with marginalized and underserved populations, in keeping with the Adler University's emphasis on social justice and socially responsible practice.
- Strong skills in networking, creating and maintaining relationships, problem-solving, and diplomacy.
- Experience with counseling in diverse cultural contexts would be an asset. Experience counseling and supervising in one of the prevalent languages found in the Greater Vancouver area would be an asset (e.g., Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindi, Punjabi, or Spanish).
- Experience in program development and community liaising is an asset.
- Experience working and supervising in one of the following areas would be an asset: children and youth counseling, trauma counseling, multicultural counseling, or teletherapy/e-counselling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching, advising, and mentoring students, participation in institutional and departmental committees, admission efforts, advising/ mentoring students, as well as the support of the department and institutional initiatives. Candidates must be willing to align with the University's mission and values which is training socially responsible practitioners, engaging communities, and advancing social justice,
- Attend regular meetings with the MCP-AT Program Director and Core Faculty members,
- Support institutional and department initiatives, activities, and administrative duties,
- Participate in required Vancouver Faculty Council meetings and committee assignments,
- Participate in scheduled Admission Open Houses and Interview Days throughout the year,
- Collaborate with Adler University's Student Art Therapy Association board members to coordinate, moderate, and facilitate all activities and off-campus events,
- Support the Counseling Psychology: Art Therapy core faculty members regarding all departmental requirements, including scheduling courses, working with adjunct faculty, reviewing and updating all curriculum
Applicants should electronically submit a curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy including online, training of students for a career in counseling, a cover letter addressing qualifications, certifications/licensures and interests, and three professional references with contact information. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Adler U Benefits:
Our institution provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff/ faculty which includes health, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, EAP, LTD, and an RRSP plan. Vacation and sick time with 13 paid holidays off included in our PTO compensation package. We embrace and encourage continued education through our Tuition Reimbursement / Professional Development Benefit Program.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Adler University is committed to the principle of equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and potential employees, along with discrimination and a harassment-free workplace environment. Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com