Under the general guidance of the VP, People & Culture the Manager, Talent Acquisition oversees and manages life cycle talent acquisition efforts for the entire University in partnership with institutional supervisors and leadership. The role researches, develops, implements, and measures effective talent acquisition and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable applicants and candidates in support of the Institution's mission, vision, and short and long-term planning. The Manager, Talent Acquisition leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the People & Culture organization and the institution as well as supports culture development and management efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline required.
- Minimum three (3) years progressive talent acquisition experience required; high volume agency experience preferred.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, and/or organization development preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources preferred
- Knowledge of general HR Bodies of Knowledge
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Supervision (if applicable): N/A
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Talent Acquisition Operations
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective talent acquisition methodologies and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Develops, facilitates, implements and guides all phases of the talent acquisition process.
- Drives the development, implementation, and management of partnership programs that facilitate hiring a diverse workforce.
- Develops a scorecard of talent acquisition metrics to measure performance, celebrate successes, identified continued areas of opportunities, and provide realistic inputs into organizational staffing plans.
- Manages and maintains P&C metric dashboard.
- Ensures timely and accurate documentation of talent acquisition process flow(s), recording updates as appropriate.
- Proactively ensures the availability of relevant talent acquisition tools (e.g., approved job descriptions, compensation pricing reports, etc) toward a successful talent acquisition effort and works with hiring managers in the development and/or revision to job descriptions.
- Oversees intake meeting with hiring manager toward fully understanding needs of the role and the role itself.
- Schedules and facilitates recurring talent acquisition meetings with hiring managers for the duration of an open requisition and consistently updates the hiring manager on requisition activity.
- Oversees recruitment-related expenses balancing quality and timeliness of hire with cost.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned and/or required.
Sourcing & Position Posting
- Develops and executes approaches to cultivate a pipeline of candidates, through routine and proactive sourcing practices, regardless of actual openings at any one time and based on workforce planning and/or opening frequency trend.
- Develops messaging and materials to demonstrate Adler's value proposition as an employer of choice; leveraging social media, Institution's website, and other appropriate resources to show the value of working at Adler.
- Oversees requisition management, and posting and advertisement processes.
- As appropriate, works with third-party resources to assist in candidate cultivation.
- Screens applications and other provided materials to ensure the applicant meets minimal qualifications and selects qualified applicants for presentation to the hiring manager. Clearly articulates the candidate's fit against the hiring criteria.
- Researches and implements appropriate selection and assessment methods.
- Coordinates the scheduling of interviews and oversees interview preparation.
- Participates in the interview process with hiring managers and other stakeholders as appropriate.
Selection & Onboarding
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other P&C staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Provides offers of employment, generates and issues offer letter once a verbal offer of employment is accepted.
- Initiates background screening and reference checks.
- In conjunction with P&C Generalist, coordinates new hire orientations for all three campuses.
- Oversee all onboarding functions for Interns and Post Docs.
Data Maintenance, Reporting & Documentation
- Maintains and consistently updates talent acquisition activity report and effectively report out on talent acquisition activities to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Maintains requisition files inclusive of the collection and maintenance of interview notes, feedback forms, etc.
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as respond, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com