Clinical Skills Lab Coordinator
General Statement of Duties:
The School of Nursing Clinical Skills Lab Coordinator is responsible for managing and maintaining the skills lab to provide a facilitative teaching/learning environment for students in the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. It is the responsibility of the Clinical Lab Coordinator, utilizing continuous quality improvement strategies to ensure that the Skills Lab contributes to the ability of the School of Nursing programs to provide quality state-ofthe art educational programs. The Coordinator facilitates learning experiences but does not evaluate student performance. The Clinical Skills Lab Coordinator reports to the Director of Nursing Simulation
Distinguishing Features of the Position:
· Collaborates with faculty to design and develop skills lab assignments to augment learning in clinical courses
· Consults with faculty about appropriate audio-visual and computer materials to supplement instruction · Consults with faculty about supplies and equipment needed to support instruction
· Develops policy and procedures manual, and lab schedules
· Ensures that the lab is in compliance with all OSHA and work environment mandates
· Supervises the development and maintenance of a catalog system for identification, retrieval of equipment, supplies and skills lab resources
· Supervises the maintenance of the physical environment
· Orders new stock and equipment as needed
· Supervises the disposal of outdated stock and equipment
· Monitors maintenance and repair of equipment, supplies, laundry etc.
· Supervises clinical lab assistant, and work study and graduate assistants assigned to the lab
· Supervises open lab periods assisting students with guided practice
Example of Duties (Illustrative):
· Meet with clinical course coordinators each semester to develop skills lab demonstrations and check off schedules.
· Develop policies for use of lab
· Established lab schedules to meet course needs and availability to support the curricula
· Provide information on equipment, supplies and other needs of the skills lab during the budgeting process.
· Prepare work schedule for and assign duties to clinical lab assistant, and student workers.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with faculty to design and develop learning activities
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills · Excellent clinical practice skills
· Commitment to continuous clinical updating to reflect current practice · Ability to work independently
· Baccalaureate degree in nursing required; masters preferred
· Five years’ experience in professional nursing practice
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com