D’Youville’s Patricia H. Garman School of Nursing is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our faculty in a tenure-earning position to provide leadership in the areas of teaching, service and scholarly activity. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Faculty rank will be commensurate with education and qualifications.
Faculty members in the School of Nursing are responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs in a shared governance setting. Their responsibilities include teaching, service, and scholarship. Teaching includes a variety of active teaching and learning strategies directed at meeting student individual learning styles and includes but is not limited to lecture, lab/clinical teaching, on-line and hybrid instruction. D’Youville ascribes to the Boyer model of scholarship, including the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application, implementation, and engagement. Faculty engage in a variety of service activities to support the D’Youville and its School of Nursing, the profession, and the community.
Regular activities include holding office hours, attending meetings of teams in the School of Nursing as well as college-wide teams, mentoring students, serving on departmental and college committees, and engagement in college and community service opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrate a beginning level of an active and visible practice of scholarly and creative research, with a strong level of scholarship to support appointment at the rank of Associate Professor
· Participate in scholarly activities that contribute to the nursing and academic disciplines
· Engage in professional development activities to maintain currency in nursing practice
· Creating an inclusive learning climate for students of diverse backgrounds
· Be focused on student success
· Possess academic and experiential expertise in an area of the discipline of Nursing with an emphasis on engaging and innovative pedagogy
· Be student-centric and service-minded
· Ability to work collaboratively in teams
· Provide effective classroom, instruction in courses required by a diverse student population and in multiple degree programs
· Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of School of Nursing academic programs
· Assist with accreditation activities
· Serve as an active member and in leadership positions for School of Nursing and D’Youville Standing Committees with regular, predictable attendance at meetings as scheduled
· Have the ability to sit or stand for extended periods in the instructional setting and the dexterity to operate a computer and telephone
· Be capable of performing light to moderate lifting, pushing, or pulling of equipment
· Maintain professional competence and certification (if applicable) in specialty area · Advise and mentor nursing students
· Hold on-campus office hours as outlined by the School of Nursing
· Possess clear and concise verbal and written communication skills Have the ability to interact and establish excellent interpersonal and collaborative relationships with students, faculty, administrators, staff, the Dean, School of Nursing Leadership team, and the larger D’Youville community
· Participate in strategic planning initiatives within the School of Nursing to build programs and resources, affiliate to create new opportunities, and innovate to transform nursing education
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com