Pediatric Grants Assistant
SOM KC Pediatrics - Research (PEDS RESEARCH)
Pediatric Grants Assistant
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for assisting the Pediatric Grants & Research Specialist with post award management including financial reporting, ordering supplies, paying invoices and compensating human subjects while maintaining compliance of sponsor, KUMC, and the State of Kansas Guidelines. Work to ensure timely payment for student tuition and fees as well as manages and reports on an issued Business Procurement Card. This position works with faculty to determine hiring needs and facilitates the recruitment and hiring of staff and students required for research projects.
Job Duties Outlined:
- Post-Award Management:
- Supplies: Responsible for working with faculty and research staff in ordering supplies for sponsored research projects. Determines funding sources for different categories and purchases. Receives all goods through the various KUMC systems. Tracks invoices and payments.
- Invoicing: Responsible for initiating invoices and tracking payments through closeout within the various KUMC systems. This position works closely with other departments to bill internal clients for fees payable and follow through with recording payment and monitoring for delinquencies.
- Subject Payments: Responsible for processing and tracking subject payments within the financial system.
- Business Procurement Card: Responsible for tracking and reconciling the Business Procurement Card with organizational accounts and budgets. This position will determine allowable expenses on their individually issued card.
- Tuition and Fees: Provides tuition statements and payment for hourly student employees and GRAs.
- Administrative Functions:
- Maintains current knowledge of restrictions, practices and documentation requirements in addition to knowledge of State of Kansas, KUMC, KUMCRI purchasing policies, protected vendors, and purchasing software requirements.
- Attends training for new Workday systems, Sponsored Programs Administration trainings and other KUMC trainings that benefit the employee, position or department.
- Works to protect sensitive information and maintains secure practices to maintain confidentiality.
- Recruitment, Hiring and Time Reporting:
- Responsible for working with faculty to recruit and hire staff and student positions funded by sponsored projects.
- Works with faculty to determine position needs and establish appointment category.
- Assists in creating job descriptions for submission to HR for approval.
- Coordinators with the Business office to post positions with HR.
- Serves as a member of the hiring committee for open positions.
- Schedules appointments for interviews with faculty.
- Assists in gathering essential HR paperwork for new hires.
- Tracks why dismissed candidates were not considered and conveys information to the Business Office.
- Other Duties as Assigned:
- Perform other financial and administrative functions as assigned by the Associate Dean of Research and/or Director of the Office of Grants and Research.
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate discipline such as business, accounting, social science, health services or administration.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of three years employment experience which demonstrates success in organizational and interpersonal communication skills, high degree of attention to detail and multi-tasking. Progressive responsibility in accounting, financial management of grants, budgeting, financial recordkeeping or similar activity in a large corporation or university setting.
- Education and/or experience in working with budget development or accounting.
- Skills Required:
- Understanding of accounting methods, mathematical skills and problem solving.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Excel for financial reporting and spreadsheet development.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks which are sensitive to deadlines without compromise to quality of product.
- Proven track record of thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, external entities, and other internal departments in a professional manner with refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Work Experience:
- Experience with Workday and QlikView reporting.
- Experience with sponsored project proposals and financial management.
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance and basic knowledge of federal guidelines.
Pay Rate Type:
To learn more and apply online, please visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Pediatric-Grants-Assistant_JR001855 or go to https://careers.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR001855.
Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Center’s mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Kansas Medical Center and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency