Prairie View A&M UniversityCOVID 19 Testing & Outreach Worker (Part-time, TEMP) - 2 PositionsJob Title
COVID 19 Testing & Outreach Worker (Part-time, TEMP) - 2 PositionsAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Health ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)Job Description
The position will assist with COVID 19 random sampling and testing for Prairie View A&M University students. This positions is funding by the CARES Act/MSI funding and the temporary assignment for this position is through April 2021.These positions are not student employment eligible.
Required Education & Experience:
- Set Up/Break Down: Places Student Testing Here Yards around the property; sets up the tents prior to the event; marks ground with X's for students to stand for registration & observation; ensures each tent has its supplies (registration & observation); and fills cooler(s) with ice, bottled water and sets up at testing location(s). Takes down the tents and pack them up; takes down the testing yard signs; load golf carts to transport items; and dumps the ice from the cooler as needed.
- On-Site Registration: Checks-in students, scans testing bag barcode and writes student name on the bag; and directs students to the observation tent(s).
- Observation: Instructs testers through the testing process from a safe distance and guides test on how to drop bag in collection box.
- Contact Tracing/Case Investigation: Attend training for contact tracing procedures. Begin contacting students from the Contract Tracing List within 1 hour of notification of the List Update. Call students who have tested positive to get recent contacts and locations on campus, inform of the university COVID policy and support services available. Contact all recent contacts to inform them of contact with a confirmed positive WITHOUT ever disclosing the identity of the confirmed positive and inform of the university COVID policy and support services available. Input all positive & contact information into the Qualtrics survey to update the Student Wellness Report Informs designated Health Services and Risk & Management & Safety staff upon completion of tracing/case investigations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional. Cover Letter Resume or Curriculum VitaeApplication Submission Guidelines:
- Curative testing is an oral PCR test that requires no direct contact with any individual being tested or the testing specimen.
- Employee is required to observe and instruct individuals through self-collection of the specimen and the individual places the specimen in a bag and drops the bag in a box to complete the testing process.
- Employees are required to wear a mask during the process.
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/COVID-19-Testing---Outreach-Worker--Part-time--TEMP----6-Positions_R-035893-1About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com