Assistant/Associate professor in Speech Language Pathology
I. JOB SUMMARY
The School of Health Professions seeks a full-time tenure-track Assistant/Associate/ or Full Professor of Speech Language Pathology for the newly created Master’s of Science in Speech Language pathology. The faculty member will teach a full-time schedule of courses in the program; participate in program development and assessment; serve on departmental and college-wide committees and other arenas of institutional service; maintain an ongoing professional presence; and engage in scholarship. The incumbent will also provide support to efforts related to the initial accreditation of the program, as well as program implementation, assessment, and evaluation.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teaching students in Speech Language Pathology Program and/or other programs within the college or school as appropriate
- Mentoring students while they are engaged in professional experiences
- Advise and mentor students in their coursework, culminating experience, and progress toward the Speech language pathology degree
- Pursue a robust scholarly agenda in the field
- Serve on department, school-wide and institution-wide committees, ad hoc task forces, workgroups student recruitment events, etc.
- Participate in curricular design, course and program review, assessment and evaluation.
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Serve on department, school and institution-wide committees, ad hoc task forces, workgroups, etc.
- Promote the program internally and externally
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Experience with the accreditation process
- Experience developing curricula
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well in teams
- Proficiency in use of various educational and management technologies
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Holds a doctoral degree in speech-language pathology, audiology, or in speech, language, and hearing science, communication science disorders or related field.
- Holds a current NYS license to practice in professional area of expertise. License/Certification: NYS licensure http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/slpa/speechbroch.htm
- Must have professional experience as a speech language pathologist, audiologist, communication disorders, hearing sciences or related area.
- Administrative and/or management experience in an academic or clinical setting.
VI. PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 25 lbs from floor level.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver normal size full file box for archival purposes.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, twist, and stoop.
- Frequent typing on computer keyboard.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D'Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com