Professional Training Liaison
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The Professional Training Liaison, under the general direction of the Director of Clinical Training, is responsible for the field training practicum experience of clinical psychology PsyD and PhD students on the San Diego campus at the G1, G2, G3 and elective practicum levels of training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing, evaluating, and maintaining community practicum training sites.
- Presenting potential new sites to Professional Training Committee (PTC) for approval.
- Expanding number of practicum training sites available in San Diego County to meet needs of growing program cohorts.
- Assisting sites to understand and conform to University standards and requirements and providing mentorship to site supervisors as needed.
- Providing psychoeducation to site supervisors and agency program directors regarding culturally informed supervision and training of students.
- Working with students and sites to handle and resolve problem situations at their practicum sties.
- Mediate the training concerns if they arise between students, practicum sites and/or the Office of Professional Training
- Serving as first point of contact for students and site supervisors regarding practicum training concerns and questions.
- Informing DCT of training concerns and suggested resolution.
- Guiding site supervisors in remediation training plans for students as needed. Monitoring the outcome of these plans and assisting students with successfully meeting expectations for remediation.
- Assisting with organizing and facilitating annual practicum fair on campus to allow students and site supervisors to interact and explore placement issues.
- Reviewing student, site, and practicum instructor documentation to ensure compliance with program mandates.
- Responsible for liaising with a specified number of agencies each academic year, generally no more than 20 sites
- Contacting all students placed at assigned practicum agencies at start of new training year to introduce liaison and inform students of role of liaison.
- Responsible for making at least one site visit each semester to assigned agencies and for maintaining regular contact with agency personnel throughout the year.
- Students are notified prior to each site visit to meet with the faculty during the site visit and to provide input prior to the site visit.
- For agencies outside of San Diego County, sites visits are conducted by phone or videoconferencing.
- For the site visits:
- One visit with the students and supervisors (recommended mid-Fall semester); and
- One site visit, mid-Spring semester with students and supervisors
- Completing site visit form each semester documenting current training opportunities and any concerns at site.
- Monitoring the professional development of students at their agencies. Each semester, the DCT and PTL review the supervisor evaluations of the students and assign a Credit, Incomplete, Marginal Pass or a No Credit grade.
- Counsels and advises students about their professional development and available practicum experiences, including meeting with each of the assigned G1 and G2 students annually to discuss future practicum plans.
- Meeting individually with each student assigned to them during the Fall semester of the G1 year to begin to develop a plan for practicum training while at the University.
- Attending and actively participating in bimonthly PTC meetings.
- During PTC meetings, presenting student and/or agency concerns or training updates.
- Annually, presenting each assigned agency to PTC to apprise committee of any changes to training at site and/or concerns regarding site.
- Completing annual overview form of site training concurrent with presenting site at conclusion of training year.
- Updating agency information form that describes training at practicum site.
- Assisting with reviewing and updating the Professional Training Practicum and Internship Manual which documents training policy and procedure.
- Maintaining updated contact information for site supervisors and program directors.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or directed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and SharePoint or similar database
- Knowledge of graduate education and training in psychology.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with practicum sites.
- Excellent initiative, time management, and proven follow-through skills.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills in face-to-face, phone, and written interactions. Ability to deal effectively with problem and conflict situations.
- Clinical expertise.
- Sensitivity to individual and cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of impact of individual and cultural diversity on supervisory relationships and students' training experiences at site.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team player; highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines and maintain composure under high stress conditions.
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Education: Doctoral degree (PsyD or PhD) in clinical psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program.
- Experience: Familiarity with psychology clinical training at the graduate level. Familiarity with mental health services in San Diego.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Licensed or license eligible as a psychologist in the State of California. Valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter (in part, describing your interest in and fit for the position)
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 150652
To apply, visit https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/San-Diego-Professional-Training-Liaison-CA-92131/680645501/
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com