Prairie View A&M UniversityAdjunct Instructor (Mathematics)- 3 PositionsJob Title
Adjunct Instructor (Mathematics)- 3 PositionsAgency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
MathematicsProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This non-tenure track Adjunct Instructor is responsible for teaching mathematics face-to-face, hybrid and/or online statistics courses. The position is available on for the upcoming Fall 2021 semester and may continue on an as-needed basis. Responsibilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Teaching mathematics and statistics courses (in-class, hybrid and/or Internet (synchronous and asynchronous) as assigned.
- Tutoring, grading, keeps records, posts grades (mid-term and final), submits attendance reporting, keeping office hours, submitting departmental end of semester clearance items, as required, and compliance with rules and policies of the department, College, University and the Texas A&M University System.
- Performs services to the department, college, university, and the profession.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours (SCH) of Mathematics or Statistics.
- One year teaching experience at the college level for Mathematics or Statistics.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
Job Closing Date::Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Doctoral degree in Statistics or Mathematics with graduate courses in statistics.
- To teach online, a candidate must be certified. The University does recognize Quality Matters certifications achieved at other institutions.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Adjunct-Instructor--Mathematics---3-Positions_R-038527About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com