Overview of Position
- Engages in activities which enhance the program and the College's relationship to the community by developing and maintaining partnerships with businesses and clinical sites
- Assists with development and/or maintenance of clinical affiliation agreements
- Coordinates clinical schedules for students with clinical sites
- Performs clinical site visits while students are at site to monitor compliance/adherence to professionalism and code of conduct
- Develops schedule, track and trend students prior to, during, and after their clinical assignments for compliance with Healthcare program requirements while maintaining communication with Nurse Manager.
- Demonstrates professionalism and effectively communicates when interacting with students, staff, and clinical site personnel
- Assists with data collection and analysis with regard to program assessment and effectiveness, and retention
- Contributes to the development of policy and procedures related to the clinical training phases of the program
- Develops and delivers information sessions to prospective students and community partners
- Participates in departmental meetings, committee meetings, and others as appropriate
- Understands and uses current technology as it applies to healthcare programs
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries about Health Care course requirements on the telephone, computer, and in-person
- Works cooperatively with other members in the Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WDCE) Division on projects, and performs other duties as assigned.
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Lead Nurse.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in a healthcare related field and documented proof of certification in a healthcare field
- 2 or more years experience in a healthcare setting withing the last 5 years
- Working knowledge of computer software programs including Microsoft Office Suite and Internet search engines
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
When inquiring or applying for this and other positions at Baltimore City Community College, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com