Cardinal Stritch University is currently seeking a qualified Nursing Faculty member in the Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Our faculty members in the Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing and Health Sciences seek to advance the mission, reputation, and capacity of their programs by proactively building positive relationships with key external and internal constituents, including but not limited to: students, University trustees, administrators and alumni, and all stakeholders. The individual will contribute to the strategic planning and activities aimed at sustaining the vision and mission of the University and College. The position is a 9-month appointment with 24 credits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a dynamic and engaging commitment to teaching excellence in undergraduate and/or graduate nursing education
- Maintain the ability to teach courses across the Nursing curriculum including face-to-face and online courses
- Serve as a faculty advisor in the program
- Fulfill all duties as outlined in the Cardinal Stritch University Faculty Handbook
- Work closely with program chairs ensuring that annual goals are established in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service
- Meet all internal deadlines for the operation of the program
- Consistently provide professional, timely and positive communication with faculty, staff and students
- Work collaboratively with the faculty of the programs in the Ruth S. Coleman College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Work collaboratively with the other colleges within the University as needed
- Represent the College in the internal and external community
- Teach 24 credits per academic year
- Meet all classes according to the established schedule and teaching load, adhering to the time (day and hour) and the prescribed length of classes
- Prepare and submit supplemental syllabi for each course taught
- Provide appropriate assessment and grades
- Advise and coach students in courses
- Submit grades to the registrar within the specified time frames
- Maintain regular student office hours (minimum of three hours per week), and provide availability to meet students by appointment
- Assign and respond to student work in an appropriate and timely manner
- Engage in best teaching practices, staying current with research regarding teaching in the discipline, including use of appropriate and current technology
- Hold a minimum of three (3) posted office hours per week for students
Scholarly and Professional Activity
- Produce scholarship commensurate to rank and appropriate to the discipline
- Present and publish scholarship related to the respective discipline
- Maintain membership and participation in professional organizations
- Design and/or modify programs
- Maintains assessment plans
- Participate in proposal preparation if necessary
- Design curriculum as needed
- Provide expertise in guiding university and college accreditation or certification activities
- Attend all faculty institutes, commencements, and convocations and other major activities of the school, college and university
- Participate in school and college meetings as scheduled
- Serve on one university faculty governance committee
- Serve on faculty and other search committees
- May direct assigned student advisees in capstone courses
- Write letters of recommendation for students
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master's is a minimum degree requirement
- Have a PhD, DNP or terminal degree in Nursing or a related field and demonstrate knowledge of their area of expertise is preferred
- Understand commitment to Catholic higher education in the Franciscan tradition
- Value a multi-cultural educational setting that promotes unity, access and quality
To apply for this position, please visit https://stritchedu.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
Cardinal Stritch University is a Catholic, Franciscan university rooted in four key Franciscan values: creating a caring community, sharing compassion, reverencing creation and peacemaking. Our mission is to transform lives through value-centered education.
A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
In compliance with the amendments to the federal Clery Act concerning annual security reports, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's annual Campus Crime Statistics here.
In compliance with the amendments to Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex and gender in education programs, all potential job applicants are free to view Cardinal Stritch University's Title IX policies here.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
To learn more about this job opening and to apply click "Apply Here" below.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Cardinal Stritch University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com