Schedule Builder and Contract Specialist
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$3,000.00 mo. - $3,450.00 mo. (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Scheduling Builder/Contract Specialist will collaborate with multiple scheduling coordinators to ensure all relevant scheduling data are codified into Dallas College data systems and is responsible for codifying the final course schedules into the centralized data system.This includes scheduling rooms for classes and generating and revising faculty extra service contracts. This position requires the application of critical thinking, maintaining detailed records, and using software to maintain databases.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of the scheduling team, and importance of scheduling for student success
• Highly collaborative team player
• Willingness to learn how to use new data tools
• Willingness and ability to understanding facilities constraints and how they impact classroom allocations
• Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
• Comfort with learning how to use data management tools (e.g., Excel, Power BI)
• Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with Deans on solutions to any barriers or limitations to delivering a truly student-centric scheduling process
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associates degree, equivalent course work, or 3 years of experience in scheduling required
• 0 - 3 years of experience in administrative roles. Higher education experience is a plus
• Experience with Colleague, Workday, and Excel preferred
*** Will be subject to criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize and perform complex technical data management duties in the information database (i.e. Colleague)
• Directly and independently work with academic areas in the development and modification of course and section scheduling resources and accommodations.
• Assign courses to classrooms as directed by Supervisor.
• Establishes and implements workflow patterns and operating standards to accommodate division course/section scheduling requirements and requests.
• Coordinates data entry and proofs schedules in scheduling systems.
• Evaluate course needs based on student educational plans and identify gaps in course offerings in the schedule; evaluate available time/space for optimizing course offerings and areas where the schedule impacts student progress
• Communicate scheduling data to administration, staff, and/or faculty as directed.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com