Adjunct Faculty Title Instructor of Film Department Film & Broadcast Journalism Job Type Adjunct Faculty Employee Type Part Time Academic Year Spring Course(s) Film Anticipated Schedule tbd Location Main Campus Pay Rate Information
per adjunct contractPosition Start Date 01/18/2021 Position End Date Position Introduction
· Teach courses as assigned by the College.Essential Responsibilities
Including but are not limited to:
· Proficient teaching courses via in person, blended or online modalities.
· Available to teach daytime, evening, or weekend classes, as needed
· Available for student conferences either before or after class, and by College email if necessary
· Develop syllabus using MCC syllabus template
· Work cooperatively within the department, the division, and throughout the College in striving for educational excellence
· Conduct regular assessment of student learning
· Maintain and submit accurate student and course-related paperwork and data needed for College purposes in a timely fashion
· Document and report attendance daily and maintain and submit accurate attendance records weekly
· Submit grade reports electronically by the required date
· Utilize a variety of teaching styles in order to satisfy the different learning styles of students
· Utilize computer-based instruction and databases when necessary
· Master's Degree or Master of Fine Arts in Broadcast Journalism, Communication Studies, Mass Communications or Radio, Television and Film Production.
· Experience teaching: Introduction to Film, Media Studies, and Media and Film Production
· Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. course management platform such as Canvas)
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
· Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
· Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated teaching experience
· Minimum of three years teaching in higher education.
· Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Commitment to integrating technology into the learning process.
· Commitment to the community college mission and the education of students with diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com